PDA

View Full Version : possible arcade score fix?

Paradox
09-07-2002, 08:44 PM
would it be possible to go through the top arcade scores (like the top 10 or 20) and combine them (the ip and .net) so the leaders could be settled? it is somewhat confusing at the moment...

Cronic
09-07-2002, 09:04 PM
bah games are games man, don't sweat it so much ;)

Paradox
09-07-2002, 09:10 PM
well if it took a good 20 minutes a game to make my breakout high score then beat it (one on ip, one on .net) then beat it again on .net...
ah well...

VEL
09-07-2002, 09:13 PM
At least the high scores work for you, they don't work for me, mine don't get added for some reason. :blah:

MottZilla
09-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Just use the .net as that would seem logical to be the official location.

The Silent Assassin
09-07-2002, 11:40 PM
It's just a game. I know I still have the Pac-Man and Space Invaders touch...just played it long enough to see if I had it.

teddyboy420
09-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by VEL
At least the high scores work for you, they don't work for me, mine don't get added for some reason. :blah:

My scores weren't added at first either, than all of a sudden it just started reporting them :shrug:

Hermit
09-08-2002, 12:57 AM
Well you may be listed as the top scorer on Pac-man but only because it didn't save my friggen score.

I even took screenshots of my score so this kinda shit wouldn't happen, so I'd have proof.

The score you need to beat to top me is: 106,360 ;)
You still have a ways to go TSA... :thumbsup:

Warlock
09-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Hehe, I wish we'd get Ms. Pacman.. I was pretty good at that game (although maybe not #1 rank good).. plus it actually had AI for the ghosts, which was cool compared to the original (the ghosts follow a specific pattern, and I believe there are even spots where you can stop and never get hit by them).

It was cool tho, I was lookin' on the internet and there was this huge-ass documentation on just about every aspect of Ms. Pacman, including ghost behavior.. I guess it was written by that Williams guy (you know, the same guy behind the Mortal Kombat series; can't remember his first name). Anyways, I guess he and his friend got the #1 high score ever in that game. It was like some insane score, and he did all this research to get it.. I should see if I can find that page..

Beldaran
09-08-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Warlock

It was cool tho, I was lookin' on the internet and there was this huge-ass documentation on just about every aspect of Ms. Pacman, including ghost behavior.. I guess it was written by that Williams guy (you know, the same guy behind the Mortal Kombat series; can't remember his first name). Anyways, I guess he and his friend got the #1 high score ever in that game. It was like some insane score, and he did all this research to get it.. I should see if I can find that page..

Dude, talk about an UBER GEEK. jesus, that's awesome! Doing tons of scientific research just to get the #1 Ms. Pacman score in history.

Cyclone
09-08-2002, 01:43 AM
If I got first place last nite in Tetris, I'd have been totally pissed up a tree in a windstorm. But as I had second (screwed up), it's not AS bad. I'm still pissed, though.

Cyclone

Hermit
09-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Kinda ticks me off though... oh well no biggie.

You can find my high score on this page... it's the IP addy:

http://66.28.159.143/proarcade.php?

Warlock
09-08-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Dude, talk about an UBER GEEK. jesus, that's awesome! Doing tons of scientific research just to get the #1 Ms. Pacman score in history.

Ok, this may be the page I was looking at:

http://members.tripod.com/~gamesmuseum/games/mspacman/mspacprj/index.html

That has all of the technical specifics (and dear god it is complex!). This was all I could find on the history thing, although I swear there was more of it:
http://members.tripod.com/~gamesmuseum/texts/mspacprj.txt

The Silent Assassin
09-08-2002, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I did a report on how the two dudes got perfect scores on Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man. On all 255 levels...