PDA

View Full Version : ok.... how come alll graphic pack but VEL's bs one are so badly put together

_dark_link_
09-06-2002, 10:40 PM
sure the graphics are great but there not at alll ready to be graphic packs there so badly put together

or is it another ZC 1.92 BETA :(

Knightcrawler
09-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Well, I haven't dled many, but what do you consider well-put-together?

DarkSFK
09-06-2002, 10:56 PM
If you're talking about combo pages, they were made for before combopagelessness. (Big word)

_dark_link_
09-06-2002, 10:56 PM
well there's problems is each of them (even VEL's now) :(

Teilyr
09-07-2002, 10:47 AM
You just... deal. :odd: If you want them organized, clean them up. :) Give me an example of a tileset that's messed up.

Edit - Ya know, I just thought.. Are you trying to switch tilesets in the middle of making a quest? If so, good luck man. I switched from NF to R2 back in the early 1.92 days, and I spent the better part of a day rearranging tiles.

Besides characters, monsters, and guys, ever tile's posistion is variable, so you can't cleanly swith tilesets without redoing screens.

ShadowTiger
09-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Yeah. This is a major problem with quests. Actually,... it isn't as much of a problem, as a hitch. Many times, when moving combos to another area on the combo page to save room or make room, the combos in the screens would also move. That, my friends, is sad. Also, when moving tiles everything would shift like crazy. (Especially when adding the new enemy tiles. I dare you not to say holy S*** after that!)

We really need some sort of a program thing in ZQuest that would move everything along with our changes. Like when we move a tile (or swap, better yet) it would be recognized on the combo page, and when we move a combo on the combo page it would still be tied to that tile.

Now who's with me?

Knightcrawler
09-10-2002, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it would be nice in a perfect world, but I doubt making something like that is realistic. There would probably be many mistakes made by that little bit of code and it would be very hard to write. At least, that's what I think.

Teilyr
09-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Eh.. It would really take just 1 REALLY dedicated person to set a standard for how tilesets are layed out. .. and personally, not even I have THAT much free time.

Dart Zaidyer
09-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Most tilesets are designed to be ergonomic, not pretty. However, people seem to be forgetting how to save space with all the recent expansions to everything, and I see more repeated tiles nowadays that shouldn't exist because one is enough. Even more obvious is repeated combos due to the recent switch to combopagelessness.

DarkSFK
09-10-2002, 08:45 PM
Those are there on more of an issue for convenience. I use tiles over and over, or combos more than once, so I don't have to search for the tiles I want. It's just easier the way that people do now, repeating.

_dark_link_
09-10-2002, 09:26 PM
the tile are in the wrong place like player tile are in the wrong place sword shields and stuff are in the wrong place too :(

Teilyr
09-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Duh. :) As I said.. the only thing that's constant is Link, Enemies, and Guys. That's it man. Everything else is just developer's choice.

_dark_link_
09-11-2002, 09:15 PM
nononono the player and eniie sheets are disorder making the entir grapic pack....bad :(

Teilyr
09-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Type slower mate. Read what you're saying. :)

_dark_link_
09-12-2002, 07:27 AM
ok ok the player tiles a placed wrong so when you run a quest and walk forward it's the east walking animation and so on and so forth :(

Teilyr
09-12-2002, 08:51 AM
Well, rearrange them. :) Look at a tileset that has them correct, then set yours to that.

Also, make sure the quest rule "BS Animation" is OFF if you're not using Vel's set.

Dart Zaidyer
09-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Quests meant to use BS animation for Link will have his tiles positioned differently. What's the difference? Well, BS Link has 3 frames for walking instead of 1 or 2. But that's the ONLY other way Link is arranged, so don't worry about it.

_dark_link_
09-12-2002, 03:51 PM
damit that's...um.... sorry all i can say is.........

p.s. thankz:)

Glenn the Great
09-21-2002, 09:22 PM
I know I did my best to make sure that everything appears in regular, logical places with my CGBZ tileset, and I went out of my way to offset the tiles accordingly so you never have to change CSets.

Topic moving to Developers' Exchange.

Ganonator
10-29-2002, 08:39 PM
I have a better time not going with graphic packs, but rather with just importing tiles. It might seem monotonous, or stupid, but I like to make a whole quest in 8-bit, then transfer, so when i make my combos, they are COMPLETELY out of order