PDA

View Full Version : Hell, I might actaully buy an Xbox now...

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 10:27 PM
http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/

Linux on Xbox. How ironic...

There is a story somewhere that Microshit will be scanning your machine through Xbox Live to make sure you haven't put the 'big bad linux' on there, though I have yet to find it on a site where you don't have to pay....

Daarkseid
09-06-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/

Linux on Xbox. How ironic...

There is a story somewhere that Microshit will be scanning your machine through Xbox Live to make sure you haven't put the 'big bad linux' on there, though I have yet to find it on a site where you don't have to pay....

Would you shut up with the "Microshit" thing? Seriously, they're not hurting you, they're not hurting anybody. You don't HAVE to use their products, there is clearly a choice now. If you don't want an X-box, you buy a GC or a PS2. You don't like windows? Hell, you can get Linux, a superior OS, for FREE. Or buy a MAC if you have money to spend.

You all claim they're somehow monitoring your every move, recording everything about you, and possibly scanning for illegal activity. Solution, either don't invest so much into a PC or the internet, or just purge your desktop of Microsoft products. Its simple.

AlexMax
09-07-2002, 09:30 AM
Microshit.

And honestly, did you have nothing better to add to the conversation than a troll?

Perhaps you failed to see the point of this thread. It wasn't another missle aimed at Microshit, it was simply stating that now people have figured out how to put Linux on Xbox, something that was previously not thought possible? Why did they do it? Basically because 'to see if they could'.

Lone Wolf
09-07-2002, 10:54 AM
I got nothing against Microsoft.

Maverick_Zero
09-07-2002, 09:24 PM
I also have nothing against microsoft, I jsut don't want them looking through my monitor at, or tracing me by dental records :glare:

MottZilla
09-07-2002, 10:32 PM
AlexMax, it was obvious that getting linux running on Xbox was possible even before Xbox was launched. Xbox = X86 PC slightly modded running a slightly modded win2k of sorts.

Beldaran
09-08-2002, 04:12 AM
I think its incredibly arrogant for a bunch of 16 year olds to think that Microsoft actually cares enough about their pimply little existence to scan their personal information.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft just wants your money and doesn't give a shit about scanning your xbox.

The whole "Microshit" movement is an excercise in immense, unfathomable stupidity.

Daarkseid
09-08-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran

I'm pretty sure Microsoft just wants your money and doesn't give a shit about scanning your xbox.

Exactly!!! When you buy an X-box, you're buying the Unit AND the windows OS with it. I doubt very much that Microsoft cares about whether or not you have Linux installed in the X-box as Microsoft has already collected on the X-box unit itself and whatever software is pre-installed(like Win2k).

Cronic
09-08-2002, 04:57 AM
And youre just now learning this?

This is one of the reasons I'm impressed with the box... It has VERSATILITY and isn't stuck as is... Hacks, booster packs... it's the console you can control ;)