PDA

View Full Version : Who plays Continuum?

The Silent Assassin
09-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Just wondering, I started it up...I'm pretty good.

I play on Extreme Games server, and I'm "TheSilentAssassin".

Anyone else play?

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 02:19 PM
How long has it taken you to find this game? I've been preaching and preaching about it and it's predacesor (Subspace) for such a long time, and I've been playing off and on ever since it was commercial and in SS 1.34 form. Only one person in this forum, however, joined me.

I play on Trench Wars, mostly. It's such a strategic game, and with the addition of the EG-type flag capture zone that has TW ships, the perfect game gets even....perfecter...

I might be on tonight. If I am, I am AlexMaxAGN

Mak-X
09-06-2002, 02:28 PM
I'd play in spurts every so often. I'm on dial up, so after a while I just can't play anymore because of my ping. 1:1 and small battles are usually fine, at least for me. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing though.

I used to play on the Death Star Battle server. I couldn't really stand any others because they never seem balanced. I have the Star Wars ship sets too.

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 03:11 PM
How is TW unbalanced? The base is the warbird and the others have advantages and disadvantages as such...

* Warbirds have one shot kills that recharge rather slowly
* Javs have rebounding missles that are hard to control but once mastered are powerful
* Spiders are rapid fire but somewhat weak damage
* Levs are ULTRA powerful but slow as hell and need to power up before being able to attach
* Terriers are weak but fast and are the only ship that can house attachments. They also usually need more than one hit to take down...so its wise to get them right after they attack or boost, when their energy is lowest.
* Weasels cloak but have really slow, but powerful projectiles
* Lancasters have mutli shot that takes longer to power up
* Sharks lay land mines and can repel but are weak on offense.

It's almost like Team Fortress in space...

MrCow
09-06-2002, 03:55 PM
I usefd to a lot now little bit when I play i usually play on the hockey zone

El Oso Verde
09-06-2002, 04:00 PM
I play it a little bit, but I'm not so good. I need a lot of practice.

Mak-X
09-06-2002, 04:05 PM
What I should have said was, compared to some of the other servers I sampled, they don't seem as well designed to me as Death Star Battle. I think I was on Trench Wars a few times but I don't remember anything. I wasn't specifically talking about Trench Wars.

DarkDragoonX
09-06-2002, 05:42 PM
When I play, It's usually on Star Warzone. I go by the name Chrys Setsune there (my standby in case DDX is taken). On other servers, I go by the name DDX or, oaccasionally, DDXAGN

The Silent Assassin
09-06-2002, 06:40 PM
I get labeled a newb a lot because I'll kill you no matter where you are. It's a war...where the hell does it say I have to be nice. I'm either really hot, or really cold. Depends on the traffic. The more people, the worse I do.

Mak-X
09-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Make sure you don't kill people in No Kill Zones, usually noted by the green mesh background (which is a given but that's the only time I can think of were you can't kill another player). If this monitor would start working again I might like to duel.

BTW, what does everyone play with? A Keyboard or Controller? I used a 4 button Gravis Gamepad, I can't use the keyboard.

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Keyboard 100%

How can you play with a gamepad? With the keyboard, I can use any powerup I need to, when i need to.

Mak-X
09-06-2002, 09:28 PM
DSB doesn't require the extra stuff, I rely mainly the raw fire power, which may also be my downfall. The joystick gives me great control with the ship though. I also have a deep ambition to one day take on PC gamers that use a mouse and keyboard, with a joystick. Console gaming 4 ever!

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Good luck.

I'll be at the funeral. ^_^

The Silent Assassin
09-07-2002, 07:06 PM
I don't shoot in no kill zones, Mak.

NerdWarrior
09-07-2002, 07:14 PM
I drop into Trench Wars sometimes...
You know, we could make an AGN clan or something... :P ...not that it would work out.