PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatric Ward...not a fun place.

Fade to Black
09-05-2002, 11:39 PM
A message to everyone...don't threaten yourself, or you'll be brought to a rude awakening in a jail like atmosphere where the doctors just want to milk your insurance money. I spent the night in a hospital last night because I threatened to kill myself. I'll never do it again...not after seeing the people in there. Never again...

Jemsee
09-06-2002, 12:16 AM
No shit Sherlock.
BeenthereDonethat.
the only thing got me through was the cute nurse that came to take my blood, she could have stuck me anytime.

Glenn the Great
09-06-2002, 12:16 AM
I spent my entire summer in two psychiatric hospitals because I was suicidal and depressed. I know what you mean about them wanting to milk your insurance money. The reason I was hospitalized so long is because they wanted as much money as my insurance company could give them. I had to deal with some really crazy people, and boy am I glad to be out.

The Silent Assassin
09-06-2002, 12:27 AM
Never gone. Had a friend go cuz he slapped his mom, stole his parents' cars, and disrespected his religion at his brother's "Sending" for his mission (mormon).

Teilyr
09-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Been there. .. Twice, actually. I was a regular. *chuckles* I have anger managment issues.

Fade to Black
09-06-2002, 12:33 AM
I'm just glad to be out, and be home...I'm okay now. I'll never use the big S word again.

slothman
09-06-2002, 01:28 AM
Basically don't tell anyone what you are going to do. You don't know where they could send you. Fortunately I haven't been in an actuall ward, but I have been in a similar place. It isn't nice. Luckely I had alot of leeway so it could have been more jail like.

Drunken Tiger
09-06-2002, 03:01 AM
I have never been to any of those places... And i dont think i ever want to...

Beldaran
09-06-2002, 04:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, man. I hope you feel better. Or, if nothing else, I hope you already feel fine and that you weren't serious about your threat.

I was put in counseling at the age of five because when my mom made me wear a pair of pants I didn't like I kicked a hole in the door and ripped a panel off my dresser.

The verdict?

I'm not crazy. He said I was too intelligent for my still maturing body. HAHAHAHA what a fool.:darkmage:

It was a cool verdict I suppose. Too smart for my own damn good.:pimp:

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 10:04 AM
I have pondered suicide a few times when I was much younger.

But think about it. It is a cowards way out. Would you want your obituary to say "Killed himself after a bad report card." or "Killed himself after being picked on." That is a cowardly way to go out. It hasn't crossed my mind in years. I love who I am, and I have places to go before I croak. ^_^

Anyway, I also kept my intentions to myeslf. Trust me, do NOT do anything to get yourself put in a clinic like that. I never have been there, but I've...heard things...that make me cringe. And think about it, if you've ever been in a hospital like that, and you get 'taken advantage of' do you think anyone will beleive you?

Fade to Black
09-06-2002, 12:40 PM
It IS the cowards way out. I don't know why I even threatened...well, I do, but whatever. I have severe anxiety, so when I have a panic attack, I become very short of breath and I start to cry uncontrollably and hyperventilate. It sucks, and I was depressed because I never thought I could get rid of it. After one day in there, I decided that I need to get back to my old thoughts of suicide, how stupid it would be, and what I'd be putting my family and friends through if I did it. All I can say, is that I'm glad I'm alive, and I'm glad that I have a good life to live.

slothman
09-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
... Would you want your obituary to say "Killed himself after a bad report card." or "Killed himself after being picked on."...

That is actually funny in a morbid kind of way. Like the advertisements in tombstones.

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-06-2002, 05:33 PM
I've been to one a few occasions...okay, I have my own coffee mug there :)

I think the finniest thing is, that at my place, there is a ban on country music. The doctors say "It just might push these kids over the edge"