PDA

View Full Version : You remember that thread about the exploding CD?

AtmaWeapon
09-05-2002, 11:10 PM
Well, I thought the thread about the exploding CDs was just a joke. I was wrong.

I just talked to my ExplorNet teacher from last year. We built about 600 computers this summer. He just told me that one of my computers exploded. Apparently the teacher put a CD in the drive, the CD was unbalanced, it heated up, exploded, and blew the casing off of the CD-ROM drive! It hit the teacher in the head!

LOL I never thought that article was true, but now I know. LOL

The Silent Assassin
09-05-2002, 11:28 PM
I think it's a Government Conspiracy to take out certain people via this new tactical warfare device.

inori
09-05-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
I think it's a Government Conspiracy to take out certain people via this new tactical warfare device.

Yup, the CIA has mandated that all new CD-ROM drives include a small explosive charge and a detonator. The charge can be set off by a signal from the IDE controller, usually triggered by a secret signal they send to your computer through the Internet. To be safe, you should disable the explosive device via the jumpers on the back of the CD drive.

Jemsee
09-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Maybe it was a cd made for a MI agent. This cd will self destruct in 10 seconds, good luck Mr. Phelps.

Cyclone
09-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by inori
Yup, the CIA has mandated that all new CD-ROM drives include a small explosive charge and a detonator. The charge can be set off by a signal from the IDE controller, usually triggered by a secret signal they send to your computer through the Internet. To be safe, you should disable the explosive device via the jumpers on the back of the CD drive.

And for extra safety, remember to unplug the timer device. If not, you can be certain that...*BLAM*

Cyclone