PDA

View Full Version : Terry Brooks!

Beldaran
09-05-2002, 07:23 PM
On september 19th, at 7pm, I will be going to the University Bookstore in Seattle to meet Terry Brooks and get a book signed.

Terry Brooks is a cool fantasy author. I've read all his Shannara books.

I know that there are a few members here from the Seattle area, and I invite you guys to join me there. We could meet up, laugh about AGN, and meet Terry Brooks.

As far as I know, Breaker, Starkist, gdorf, and DarkDragoonX all live near Seattle. Any of you guys want to meet up and meet Terry Brooks?

inori
09-05-2002, 11:37 PM
^_^ I want to meet him...

I saw the third book in his new Shannara trilogy in the bookstore today. Now I'm going to have to spend three days in the bookstore so I can read it.

gdorf
09-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Belderan: As much as I'd like to, I have a feeling my parent's won't drive me to Seattle for this, maybe in a year after I get my license. :tongue:

Beldaran
09-06-2002, 02:52 AM
heh, yeah Inori Tbooks is cool. I actually haven't read the Jerle Shannara series, so I'm going to power read it this week so I'll know what's going on at the book signing, and can speak knowledgably with the fans.

gdorf: just out of curiousity, what town do you live in?

Jemsee
09-06-2002, 03:54 AM
I'm sooo jealous. Terry brooks is great.
Read all the Shannara series including the Jerle Shannara ones.
Been waiting for this latest to come out.
A great many things have happened to Walker Boh and must know how it all comes out.
http://www.terrybrooks.net/novels/covers/cover-morgawr.jpg
This just reeks of coolness. :)

inori
09-06-2002, 03:56 AM
I got forty pages into that this afternoon... I so wanted to take it home with me, but just couldn't bring myself to do so. I'll just go spend all day in the bookstore tomorrow. ^_^

Beldaran
09-06-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by inori
I got forty pages into that this afternoon... I so wanted to take it home with me, but just couldn't bring myself to do so. I'll just go spend all day in the bookstore tomorrow. ^_^

LOL you actually finish books in the store without buying them? Isn't that against the store rules or something?

haha

Fatty Lumpkin
09-06-2002, 10:22 PM
I have one of his books, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I like LE Modesitt (or however you spell it) Jr. and Robert Jordan a lot. Anyone read any of their books?