PDA

View Full Version : Score one for Gamecube

jman2050
09-05-2002, 06:18 PM
SMS may not be all it's cracked up to be, but it doesn't look like the majority cares.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/370/370119p1.html

Now if Metroid Prime is a bad-*** as people say it is, then GC sales will go through the roof.

Erasul
09-05-2002, 06:25 PM
I absolutely love SMS...what is this "not all it's cracked up to be" stuff? I don't think Metroid will sell as fast as Mario for some reason...

For some people who have a problem with the first sentence: I realize everyone has an opinion, don't start.

ShyGuy0824
09-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Although people usually denounce the graphics and amount of worlds in the game, they usually admit it's fun. Regardless, I find the game really fun and detest the 'no gc on weekdays rule'. Only having a little trouble with the cleanup episode in the sirena beach level, three minutes is tough for some reason to me...

Anywho, that's just because not as many people know the face of samus as mario. The good thing is that because she's a great character in SSB:M, many newbies to the metroid era know about it. A feature character in SSB:M is like Nintendo's stamp of approval, and better than most advertising anyways. I hope nintendo pumps out the image that it's 'not just for kids' to sell it though.

KingArthur
09-05-2002, 10:41 PM
Hint, use water barrels and spin spray.

vegeta1215
09-05-2002, 10:56 PM
You can look at it from different ways to predict it's success.

Without a doubt, people know Mario and know that Mario games are great games. And then of course you have loyal Mario fans who will always buy Mario games (this pretty much goes for any game series). Metroid however will be different because the series isn't as widely known. Definitly we'll have the hardcore Metroid fans who will eat Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion up so fast it'll make everyone's heads spin. The other group who will buy the game will be newcomers who are really enticed into the game by the advertizement and what friends say. That's what I think.

Nevertheless, I think both new Metroid games will sell very well ;)

Tygore
09-05-2002, 11:04 PM
GO MARIO!http://zelda-gaming.com/azcforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1158

heh. I love this game. I've had it since opening day, and only have 30 shines...

I've had homework. :(

The Silent Assassin
09-05-2002, 11:31 PM
Who didn't think this would happen?

jman2050
09-06-2002, 12:06 PM
I knew, but not by THIS much. If SMS beats out Mario 64 in terms of sales, that would be really amazing.

Oh, and I think my word choice was a little bad. I was trying to say that even though the game is awesome, general opinion (and my own, but that's based off the demo), it doesn't live up to all the hype that surrounded it these past few weeks.

Warlock
09-06-2002, 12:26 PM
As far as I'm concerned, any game that can keep my attention long enough for me to beat it (and collect all the damn shines no less!) is good enough for me :D I seem to have developed a very short attention span when it comes to games.. as an example, I've yet to beat any non-SNES Final Fantasy (technically I havn't beat FF 4 either, but the copy of that I have is actually part of FF Collection so technically it's PSX :D).. I need to beat Resident Evil yet (although I did make some progress, I'm at the part w/ all the Hunters and stuff), Dark Cloud, etc etc..

AlexMax
09-06-2002, 02:28 PM
<somerapguy> TAKE THAT MOTHERF**KER! </somerapguy>