PDA

View Full Version : Sega ROMs and Emulators

tai90210
09-05-2002, 02:31 AM
Can I download A Dreamcast Emulator with no worries?

Daarkseid
09-05-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by tai90210
Can I download A Dreamcast Emulator with no worries?

Assuming you can find one, yeah. Go ahead.

goKi
09-05-2002, 05:27 AM
it depends on the speed of your computer, the newer consoles require alot of power, as far as your computer is concerned, and im not totally sure about the requirements of a dc emu, as i have never tried.

AlexMax
09-05-2002, 09:14 AM
Depends on what you mean by 'no worries'.

You can download a DC emulator, yes. However, just because the DC is dead does not mean that you are free from liability if you decicde to download and use ISOs for copyrighted DC games. Basically, if you do it, don't get caught :P

mrz84
09-05-2002, 01:15 PM
finding legit isos is hard enough as is. i gave up looking for ps1 isos long ago. to find dc isos.....surely you jest. http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/myanimepage/mini_ami.gif

Kirby of Doom
09-05-2002, 06:41 PM
I got a DC emulator and I couldn't find any roms. I don't think they got any - they all say to use the cd.

Flash Man
09-05-2002, 11:05 PM
An image of a CD is called an ISO, in certain aspects they are similar to what a rom would be for a console that uses CDs, and if you do find one its not likely it will run any commercial games. Although there is one that showed it could run it but non of the textures were mapped correctly.

Thunderbird
09-06-2002, 03:50 AM
I can only wonder what the system requirements for a DC emulator must be. As far as I know, the DC power is close to the Big Three consoles (XBox, GameCube and PS2).

There is a site called F-Zero that hosts freeware ROMs/ISOs for all systems. Can't remember the URL though.

inori
09-06-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbird
I can only wonder what the system requirements for a DC emulator must be. As far as I know, the DC power is close to the Big Three consoles (XBox, GameCube and PS2).

There is a site called F-Zero that hosts freeware ROMs/ISOs for all systems. Can't remember the URL though.

Just a reminder... make sure you don't post commercial ROMs or links to them. I'm sure most of you were already aware of this, but better to head off any possible trouble beforehand than to ban afterwards. :kawaii:

Thunderbird
09-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Don't plan on posting commercial ROMs ;). That's one case where I'll tell others to go find the sites themselves :blah: .