PDA

View Full Version : I love the internet.

Beldaran
09-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Ok, so I drive over to the college to pay my tuition. There is a line 10,000 miles long and each person takes like fifteen minutes to dig out there check book, ask for a pen, screw up a check, write a new one, give the check, get the reciept, argue about something, wait for the secretary to ask the boss, then finally leave. So I'm discouraged, thinking that my entire afternoon will be spent standing in a beige hallway.

Finally my turn comes.

"Hello, are you here to pay your tuition?"
"Yes I am."
"Ok, and may I see your registration form?"
"What's that?"
[she points to a different massively long line of people down the hall]
"You need to go over there and get proof of your registration."
My brow starts to sweat at the thought of the new line.
"But you guys sent me a bill. I have it right here in my hand. Doesn't that prove that I registered, since you sent me a bill with my schedule on it?"
[blank stare from the clerk]
"I'm sorry, I cannot process your payment without the registration form."
"Fine." I say angrily.

So I go home and get on the internet. Literally, within twenty seconds I have found the college website, paid my tuition with my credit card, and checked my e-mail.

I love the internet. I dodged probably two hours of lines just by using the online payment feature. God bless the internet.

AtmaWeapon
09-04-2002, 06:10 PM
I had to wait in line, but that's because I was picking up a check from the college instead of writing them one. :)

I'd sure hate to be one of the morons that showed up about the time I was leaving... the line had at least 125 people in it. I showed up an hour before the office opened up, and I still had to wait 30 minutes after they opened to be served.