PDA

View Full Version : So Today Isn't the First Day of College...

Cyclone
09-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Of course, silly me...I get up at 6 a.m., slightly groggy from the drastic change of waking time, and come walking into the college actually ahead of schedule (by 15 minutes)...only to be greeted by someone who told me that it was first-year only students today. After a moment staring at this person and saying, "You're kidding", I learned that something had apparently been mailed out...which I, as well as many other students, I'm sure, didn't happen to receive.

Therefore, unless I get up and take a half-hour drive home, I am stuck here for the entire day. How great my day will be if I walk into work at quarter to 5 (ahead of schedule yet again), and learn that I don't have to work (as in, my shift change was accepted effective immediately).

So my school year has had a great kick-off...

Cyclone

Jigglysaint
09-03-2002, 11:03 AM
LOL! This is the first day and I haven't regestered for a class yet. BTW, what college? Mine is Sheridan, Trafalger Camups.

Orion
09-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Notin college, but today was the first day of HS, and my senior year. Lucky for me, the school and a local college are offering college courses in our classrooms. So I am taking college algebra, english, art and chemestry for free. We also got brand new textbooks for free as well. So June 1st, 2003 I walk out with a HS diploma and a college sophomore :D.

Jigglysaint
09-03-2002, 05:23 PM
I've been trying to pass College English for four semesters now. I'm not exactly the hardest working person that ever lived.

inori
09-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
LOL! This is the first day and I haven't regestered for a class yet. BTW, what college? Mine is Sheridan, Trafalger Camups.

I did that this semester... finally got registered for one, plus some research units. That class had an entrance exam ... luckily, I passed it. :kawaii:

We started last week. But I didn't start teaching until today (no sections the first week of classes, and then no class yesterday due to Labor Day). I'm teaching the 9 AM section, among others... man, people were asleep in there. I'm not sure how I'm going to get them to wake up. Maybe I should bring a coffeepot to class with me.

Fade to Black
09-03-2002, 07:47 PM
I started college a couple weeks ago. I really really like it as opposed to High School. I'm actually working hard now...its great!

inori
09-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Fade to Black
I started college a couple weeks ago. I really really like it as opposed to High School. I'm actually working hard now...its great!

This too shall pass, my child... :kawaii: Probably as soon as you discover one of women, beer, video games, or (as in my case) grad school.

Cyclone
09-03-2002, 11:46 PM
Fade, once you get involved with something, the aspect of hard work being fun will fly out the window. Trust me. :evil:

Cyclone

Fade to Black
09-04-2002, 01:11 AM
I know...but I'm enjoying it now while I'm stilly liking it.