PDA

View Full Version : Online Games?

Cloral
09-02-2002, 11:51 PM
I'm wondering what games are good online games. I'm not a big fan of FPSs or strategy games, nor do I want to get involved in some hugely time-consuming online rpg. Unfortunately, this rules out most of the online PC games. Anybody know of any good ones that don't fall into these catagories?

Mak-X
09-02-2002, 11:57 PM
If you have a good connection for low lag, try Continuum (formerly Subspace). Its like a multiplayer Asteroids, except you fight other players. I highly recommend the Death Star Battle server above all else, most other servers I've played on just aren't as refined and balanced. It's 2-D overhead, and its free with about 6MB to download.

www.subspacehq.net
www.deathstarbatte.com

Masamune
09-03-2002, 09:39 AM
unreal tournament is a good online FPS. i don't know about any non time consuming RPGs though. :(

AlexMax
09-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Mak-X speaks the truth. Subspace indeed is a good game.

I just tried the new flag capture zone on Trench Wars . This is a refreshing spin on the 'attack the base' objective, just with TW ships as opposed to the unorganized chaos that Extreme Games is. (There are also too many people on private freqs that dominate the game and make it un-fun to the people stuck on public freqs)

Heh...

KingArthur
09-03-2002, 02:04 PM
There's Always DWO and the like on BYOND www.byond.com
Most of the games there are free. And then there is Warheads SE, Its shareware, but the only benifit of registering is getting to use custom weps.

Ultra22Lemming
09-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Well I say that Warcraft3 is the best online game but it is Strategy so if you don't like strategy games, your screwed!!!