PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 2,Dark Links Revenge

Zelda_Warrior
09-02-2002, 07:48 PM
I am working on a remake of Zelda 2 with RPG style fights,the same health bar,and much,much more from Zelda 2.Though I wont be able to put everthing in it that is from Zelda 2,I will have most of the cartridge.The first beta release date is September 5.It will be completed to dungeon 2.I will never give out cheats or passwords,so dont ask.The story is this(it comes with the Readme):

One day when Link beat Majoras Mask,he was board beacuse he already saved Hyrule so many times.He was going to the Kakoriko Fresh Bakery when all the sudden a Tornado came and put Kakoriko in ruins.It also destroyed a small portion of the Lost Woods.He was digging around what was left of Kakoriko Village when he found a strange glow by the ruins of a house.He dug through the shingles and found the source of the glow.He found a strange pendent that looked fimmiliar.But he couldent remember where.He took it to the sage and the sage said"You have found the Pendent of Life."he then said"With its power,you can become invincable."it was getting chilly because of night Then he grumbled"You must hide it from Dark Link."Link says"Dark Link?I beat him Ages ago."The sage said"He has Returned."and then the sage vanised in front of his eyes."so Link sets off for his most toughest and challinging quest ever.

Like the story?right now it is 19%completed.It includes the quest and a Readme file.It will be in ZIP form.;).

zora man
09-02-2002, 08:04 PM
A quest or a clone?

Zelda_Warrior
09-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Its a quest that is very much like zelda 2.

zora man
09-02-2002, 10:50 PM
How are you going to do all of that side scrolling hmmmmmm?

Knightcrawler
09-03-2002, 03:50 AM
Zelda_Warrior, not much is known about the true Zelda timeline, but three things are certain and unarguable:

1) The Ocarina of Time is the first in the series.

2) Majora's Mask takes place one year after you return to the good times in The Ocarina of Time. That's 6 years before you first defeat him. After Majora's Mask, Link has only saved Hyrule once.

3) Adventure of Link is the very last game in the series.

At this point, Link had only defeated Dark Link in his own personal experience into the future. Dark Link isn't actually defeated yet. Other things we can assume.

4) Since Tingle is the same age in the Oracle games as Majora's Mask, they take place within the same year. Note that Oracle Link only looks a tiny bit older than Majora's Mask Link. Also, in this game, Link is not saving Hyrule, so even after this, he only saved Hyrule once.

I like everything you got going, but the timeline is pretty messed up. Link hasn't even met Dark Link yet in actual time.

Zelda_Warrior
09-03-2002, 08:36 AM
Whoops.I guess I wasnt thinking when I made the story.:sweat:.Oh,and I can make sidescroll.

Balister
09-03-2002, 02:08 PM
There is all of that but there is also several generations of Link, notice the brown hair in the first 2 games, I don't think Link stays a kid through his whole life. Also the Dark Link in Zelda 2 is actually Ganon.

The order of games excluding the Oracle games
-Ocarina of Time
-Majora's Mask
-Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening
-Zelda 1
-Zelda 2

Dark_Xero
09-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Uh, how does a tornado blow up Kakoriko Village, and then get to the lost woods? I mean, wouldn't it cause an avalanche in Death Mountian? Cause last time I checked, the lost woods was pretty far away from the lost woods. Unless it come from behind the lost forest. Or headed towards it after.

Zelda_Warrior
09-04-2002, 09:00 AM
In A Link to the Past the Lost woods are a good 2 centimeters from Kakroiko Village.

_dark_link_
09-05-2002, 04:01 PM
wow a game about me I'm flattered :)

Dark_Xero
09-05-2002, 04:32 PM
And in OoT, in the subscreen map, there pretty far away from each other. kakoriko village is at the base of deth mountain. The lost woods is behind the koriki village.

Kirby of Doom
09-05-2002, 06:59 PM
These are things that have plagued mankind for 10 years (or whatever). How did all of these places move?

Knightcrawler
09-05-2002, 07:46 PM
Yeah, Balister, the multiple Links theory is one used by many Zelda fans. I, however, believe that anyone possessing the essense of a Triforce becomes immortal (or at least ages very slowly). Link IS at his youngest in TOoT, after all. A slow aging from then would account for all that. But why do I say that the essense makes them immortal? Ganon(dorf) is abviously immortal, but that cannot be directly attributed to power. Part of living a long life (especially in Eastern culture) is making wise choices. Note that Ganon is not the only Triforce-wielder to live a long time. Zelda the First (most likely the same Zelda in TOoT and AoL) exists in both the first and last games in the series. Hair changes can be easily attributed to artist interprettations of the limited palettes. Also, many blond-haired people get darker hair as they grow older. That's why I think the three are immortal and that there is only one Link, even though his ancestors were Knights of Hyrule.

Zelda_Warrior
09-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Ill release it on the 7th for sure.I was facing some tenchnical difficuties.