PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Sunshine Tallying...

ShyGuy0824
09-02-2002, 05:14 PM
Maybe I'm not seeing something right or didn't read the manual or whatnot, but in Super Mario Sunshine, is there anywhere that shows a tally of how many shines/blue coins you got next to the name of the level. The number of stars was in M64, but I was just wondering, because it would be a pain if I ended up with 119 shines and 9 blue coins. That would be absolute hell...

Warlock
09-02-2002, 05:29 PM
On the game select screen, choose your game and select "Score".. that will tell you how many shines you got per level as well as your max coin total per level (and whether or not you got the 100 Coin Shine). This doesn't say how many Blue coins you collected however :( But I believe there are 30 per level (I believe Delfino Plaza only has 20 however).

I believe there are a total of 11 Shines per level.. not 100% positive if this is true for all levels or not. There are 8 Shines for the episodes, one for collecting 100 coins, and then two more secret shines. These will either be hidden in the level, or else you will be required to re-play the bonus stages but instead collecting red coins (and you do get your water cannon this time). Most levels have two bonus stages, which covers both shines, but some only have one (or one is already about collecting red coins), so there will be the hidden shine.

The Silent Assassin
09-02-2002, 05:47 PM
8 Default Shines
100 Coin Shine
10 Blue Coin Shine
8 Red Coin Timed Shine

11 Shines per stage. Correct.

itschris
09-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
On the game select screen, choose your game and select "Score".. that will tell you how many shines you got per level as well as your max coin total per level (and whether or not you got the 100 Coin Shine). This doesn't say how many Blue coins you collected however :( But I believe there are 30 per level (I believe Delfino Plaza only has 20 however).

You can also press Z during the game, and then move the cursor over the name of a town. It will show your coin high score and the blue coins and shines you've collected in that level on the bottom of the screen.

EWild
09-02-2002, 07:22 PM
8 Defult shines +
1 100 Coin shine +
2 Timed Red coin Shines +
3 Blue Coin shines =
14 Shines per level.

Warlock
09-02-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by itschris
You can also press Z during the game, and then move the cursor over the name of a town. It will show your coin high score and the blue coins and shines you've collected in that level on the bottom of the screen.

!! so that is useful for something! w00t! I did not know that.. awesome. Now I can figure out what exactly I'm missing.. and it seems I somehow missed one in Bianco Hills! doh! I have around 30 or so blue coins to colect, which I suppose sounds about right.. probably 2 extra stars as well.. which actually IS right because I have 115 right now.. alright :D

Icey
09-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Heh, I've been hearing way too much whining about controls and stuff... honestly people, I looked in the instruction book for about 30 seconds and I found everything I needed to know, including the Z button thing. You should try it sometime ;)

ShyGuy0824
09-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey thanks, that really helps...

and paully0, I did read the thing, it was just that I knew about the map so I didn't read it. oh well :rolleyes: