PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot Complete

Brian
08-31-2002, 06:36 PM
I am thinking about getting this service. I let my four year subsciption of CGW run out, as I decided I liked PC Gamer better, but I don't know if I want to subscribe to a gaming magezine at all. Gamespot is a great site, with very frequent good updates, and it covers every system more completely then any magezine.

The problem is, subscribing to it is at the same rate as a magezine. Much of Gamespot is free, if you catch it when it first comes out, so thats why I can't decide whether to subcribe to it or not. You're also not physically getting anything, so I don't think the rate should be the same as a magezine. For 10 dollars a year, I would definatly do it.

Mak-X
08-31-2002, 06:43 PM
I guess all the storage and bandwidth costs and the salaries that each editor has costs about the same of a magazine. I'd probably subscribe to IGN or Gamespot if I had a broadband connecting to take advantage of movies. (I was gonna say screen shots but I really only need a few and that's it cause I don't want spoilers). And I'd rather subscribe to a actual magazine (EGM) that's filled with info all in one book each month.

Hermit
09-01-2002, 03:08 AM
I'd only see sites like these are worth paying for if you wish to delve into games of the past. Anything about the present and future everybody is going to have. It's the archive of content that I'd wager whether or not to pay for. If I ever thought about going out SNES or Genesis or even NES binge hunting for oldschool games and such (which I have before), I'd probably buy a subscription. Archived info is priceless and a lot easier to access and find on a site than with magazines.

So that's about the only reason I'd pay for it, for the past, not the present or future ;)