PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Black Live

Warlock
08-31-2002, 01:06 AM
OMG, Lewis Black came to our school so I went to see him tonight.. that guy is $@#%@$#@ hilarious! I got there like 2 hours early so I ended up getting a seat in the third row! The whole thing was free which was awesome too.. the whole auditorium was completely full.. they actually had to turn ppl away who came like 20 minutes before it started.. and it's a big auditorium!

Anyways, the show was awesome. I swear, Comedy Central censors him WAY too much. I have never heard anyone use the word "FUCK" so many times :D haha..

If you guys watched David Letterman tonight, he was on there.. he actually did a few of the same jokes that he did here, only they were MUCH more funny here. I think he was rushed on the show (not to mention he couldn't swear).

One of my favorites (more or less, I don't remember the exact wording):

"Terrorists have no sense of humor. All that wandering in the desert and not once did they stumble on a knock-knock joke. Because you know if they did have humor, they wouldn't be terrorists. When someone tells you to commit suicide for Alah and purge the infedels, and that you will be sent to heaven where you will be met by 72 virgins.. everyone knows that's the punchline to a joke"

:D haha.. I can't tell it as good as him of course :D There were a lot about Dubba and how much of an idiot he is.. hehe.. I like the one about how he was golfing and gave this elegent speech, then he ends it with "Now watch this drive!" :D haha.. I saw that on the Daily Show too, it was hilarious.. he gives this great speech that actually makes him sound intellegent, then says something stupid at the end there :D hehe.. Lewis also brought up about how "after Sept. 11th, GWB became a fucking genious... until a week later when he choked on a pretzel." haha..

Anyways, it was so fucking awesome.. I heard they might have recorded it, so I'm hoping maybe I can get a copy somehow.. I don't know for sure if they did or not tho.

Rijuhn
08-31-2002, 01:20 AM
From the 20 or so times I've seen him on the Daily Show he's been very funny so I think it would be awesome to have him come to my college. Do you go to high school or college because I don't think schools would allow him to do stand up without censoring himself which would make it unfunny. I don't know where you live though, because in my area schools are lacking funding pretty bad.

Warlock
08-31-2002, 01:31 AM
college.. it's at Iowa State

Cloral
08-31-2002, 02:12 AM
Is it a one shot deal, or is he doing a tour? It would be nice if he came to SB. I saw his standup special on Comedy Central, which was hilarious. But this must have been so much better!

DukenukemX
08-31-2002, 03:34 AM
Lewis Black is funny as hell. I love how he thinks. He tells the truth in his jokes and it's funny. Kinda sad that they are true. :laughing: :lol:

Warlock
09-01-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
Is it a one shot deal, or is he doing a tour? It would be nice if he came to SB. I saw his standup special on Comedy Central, which was hilarious. But this must have been so much better!

I don't know.. you can check his schedule tho:
http://www.lewisblack.net/schedule.las