PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X music

Rijuhn
08-31-2002, 01:04 AM
I've never played the game, but I have a few friends who have and they think it's awesome. All I know about the game is the little about the story that my best friend told me and the superb music tracks composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

All I really know about FFX is the music, which is by far the best damn music ever made for a game. Over the past year I've downloaded...let me check.....87 FFX music tracks. Almost all of the tracks have their own style and are orchestrated which makes it super kick ass.

Please understand that the names of these MP3s are most likely known by 5 different names so you might have no clue what song I'm describing. I'm also going to listen to each song as I write it's description so my tone will change with each description.

My favorites include:

Mas De Chocobo; my first download and my favorite

Blitz Off; there was a period of time last year of when I stopped downloading FFX and this was the first one I downloaded when my interest was renewed

Summoned Beast Battle; this is the battle music that video games of the SNES generation should of had

The Sight of Spira; this is happy and relaxing. I listened to this countless morning when I got up to go online and I had a nice cup of cofee while the sun was shining (from March to June). Sounds like Spira is a tower by the ocean or something

Wandering Flame; this is a very deep piece. To me it conveys the image of a man wandering on a cold plain in a semi-apocolyptic world. Wanting to change who he is but not wanting to lose who he is.

People of the North Pole; I just love the violins. They are so rich and almost sound like people wailing in pain, but it's so just fucking awesome!!!!

Challenge; fighting the mysterious man who joins your team after you beat him type of music. Sounds a bit industrial.

The Final Battle; it's the final battle, duh!

Time of Judgement; I love the stressful undertone that the constant bass strings create, as well as the tubular bell. It's another great piece.

The Slendid Performance; I imagine some sort of play that your characters somehow get involved in and have to take part in and they succeed in doing so.

Mi'ihen Highway; this is an odd piece, which is why I like it. Traveling down the road of to or from that one village that has or will get you ingrossed in the game. The point in the game where you decide if you like the game or not.

Bisaido Island; My friend told me about this which added to the awesomeness of it. Just a great piece.

Blitz Ball Gamblers; ahh...soothing tubas and prideful trumpets

Lenna's Theme; *tear* the flute is so beautiful accompanied with a harp and soft strings.

The Lost Planet; it's okay. When I first heard it I loved it because it was a break from the ambience of most of the FFX music but hearing it now it's not as good as I remembered. Oh well.

Well, that's the end of my list. I hope you could read through it all okay. I know I tend to ramble though I try to keep my writing interesting.

The Silent Assassin
08-31-2002, 01:12 AM
There is no person called "Lenna" in FF X.

I like:

To Zanarkand
Otherworld (Blitzball theme)
Auron's Theme
Yuna's Theme
Someday the Dream Will End
Ending

Hermit
08-31-2002, 05:29 AM
Yeah your titles there area tad off ;) Oddly enough I can't really help you there as all my soundtracks are in Japanese.

2 ways you can find out the titles:

1) Head to gamingforce.com and view their tracklists for FFX

2) Or play FFX for cripes sakes, and go to the music/video theatre, where you can listen to all the music/videos in the game (provided you have enough money to buy them all). The titles are also right there in the game (sort of like an in-game FF jukebox) which I thought was a very neat extra. ;)

Sadly, this may just be Nobuo's last major work. His contributions to the FFXI soundtrack was very sparse (only doing about 4 or so total). So he's quite possibly either taking a break (and rightly so because he more than deserves it, I hope this is the case), or maybe he's simply stepping down as the solo workhorse that he is and lightening his load with the help of others.

Long live Nobuo regardless of what he's up to. He'll always be #1 in my book ;)

Rijuhn
08-31-2002, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I figured the names were wrong because on many ocassions I'd download another song only to find out that it was renamed something different, and almost never related to the other name it's known by. I also did some reading about Nobuo and I've found out that he was thinking about leaving Square, but that was just a thought. If he does I'd still hope he continues his great musical compositions, though they'd lack the impact that video game music has. Whenever I hear the music from a area of a game I've played I remember the game and it makes me happy, so I really wish he'd stay working with video game music.

I also think he did some music for Chrono Cross and/or Xenogears if I'm not mistaken.

Hermit
08-31-2002, 02:08 PM
Yes he has done a few works with others in the past. If you'd like to find out more about him, the man behind the music, feel free to visit www.nobuouematsu.com ;)

It's the best fanmade site offering a nice variety of information about him and his work (Discography, Biography, Gameography, Interviews, etc.) :)

The Silent Assassin
09-01-2002, 12:21 AM
You can buy any of them on www.gamemusic.com, plus special versions of all the FF X themes...like the Piano Collections.