PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution...

MottZilla
08-30-2002, 11:50 PM
I know there have been a few topics awhile back, but I thought I'd mention they have a psx "dance" pad here (http://secure.fragism.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_28&products_id=49&referrer=retrogames) pretty cheap if anyone was looking for one. I might get one sometime for the hell of it as it's rather cheap. Then just download one of the games. ;)

Icey
08-31-2002, 01:01 AM
Yeah, that's pretty cool, but it's always better to have a full sized pad ;). The mini one works though. If you really want to just check out the game, go to the arcade and play it a few times. The best mixes are the later ones, DDR Max 2: 7th Mix is my favorite. Personally, I think DDR USA sucks because it hardly has any songs.

Anyhow, here's a list of DDR Arcade locations DDR Machine Locations (http://www.ddrfreak.com/locations/locations.php)

Masamune
08-31-2002, 10:25 AM
the first time i was on one at an arcade was at hershy park on th 6th grade trip. one of the kids in my group wanted to go to the arcade completely ignoring all the cool rides! they had a DDR machine there and i tryed it out. it's pretty fun.

MottZilla
08-31-2002, 11:37 PM
I've never actually tried DDR, but I might sometime. It'd be easier to use the psx, seeing how I've used the powerpad on NES before, I know how it works.

Beldaran
09-01-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
I've never actually tried DDR, but I might sometime. It'd be easier to use the psx, seeing how I've used the powerpad on NES before, I know how it works.

[imagines Mottzilla pounding his feet in a hysterical frenzy as a little 8 bit sprite races down a 256 color track]

[laughs hysterically]

MottZilla
09-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Actually the NES never has actually displayed all 256 colors it has at once. But anyway, track and field, you don't do that, if you do it right you can make your guy run much faster with little effort :p There was also this "skateboarding" game too we had. I have no idea what it was though. But it sure was fun, considering I had a cast on my right arm, made it a bit difficult to play normal games on the NES.

Ultra22Lemming
09-02-2002, 07:29 PM
Dance Dance Revolution is the weirdest game. I just think it is really stupid that all you have to do is press left right up or down. The one you find at the arcade where you actually step on the things is cool.

MrCow
09-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ultra22Lemming
Dance Dance Revolution is the weirdest game. I just think it is really stupid that all you have to do is press left right up or down. The one you find at the arcade where you actually step on the things is cool.

you know you can buy dance pads....

AlexMax
09-02-2002, 09:01 PM
That dance pad is actually not as good as it might seem. I have one of those, and the buttons 'click' horribly, and I do much worse than I do with either a read dance pad or a controller.

If you want a cheap dance pad, look on Amazon.com...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002CETT/ref=cm_bg_f_1/103-4194025-0123038

That is a decent dance pad. Don't get the other one they offer at Amazon, it is pure crap.

That is what we call a MadCatz Beat Pad v1. It retails for 19 dollars./ There are also MadCatz Beat Pad v2's out in stores, one with an advertisement for Britany's Dzance Beat on it, and they seem to be just about the only one that most major retailers carry. They are really good pads as well, though they are a little smaller and they slip a little more. They are less prone to 'bunching' however, and they also run 19 dollars.

If you are just starting out, and have a modded playstation, I would suggest getting DDR 3rd mix, as it is one of the first REALLY good mixes. If you are just begining, and dont want to read some japanese, try DDR USA for the US PSX (I know it's a small mix, but it has the beginer mode and training mode that is oh so vital to getting your skills down)