PDA

View Full Version : The Sims Online

Paradox
08-30-2002, 10:22 PM
yes, that's right, maxis is beta testing the soon-to-be-best-massively-multiplayer-game ever. you can read up on it at www.thesimsonline.com

it looks really cool with starting your own business, looking around the "world" and stuff never before seen in the sims.

it's due sometime around november.

Cyclone
08-31-2002, 12:33 AM
Do me a favor. Please do NOT tell my mother about this. She plays SIMS constantly, and if she gets this, I'll have to get her to have another phone line put in this house so she can keep playing.

Cyclone

King Link
08-31-2002, 12:39 AM
LOL, I think Sims Online sounds cool. I don't know if I'll get it, but it still sounds interesting, and the interactivity in the game and the abilities and features are quite varied as well.

gdorf
08-31-2002, 02:22 AM
wow, cybersex on a whooole new level. :eyebrow:

Breaker
08-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Best massive multiplayer online game ever? You should be shot. The Sims got old within an hour, anyone who stuck with it is easily amused....or retarded, ;)

Cyclone
08-31-2002, 02:49 AM
Ah, my mother is retarded. Interesting.

Originally posted by gdorf
wow, cybersex on a whooole new level. :eyebrow:

You...scare me. :odd:

Cyclone

Rijuhn
08-31-2002, 01:42 PM
I knew from the second I saw it advertised a few years back that it's for people with no life to create a digital one because they are to lazy, fat/skinny, annoying, depressed, and too anti-social to have a real one. That's sad, but also very amusing.

gdorf
08-31-2002, 02:39 PM
You...scare me.

!! not for me !! thats just wrong.. but you can imagine what people will do with this. They will literally have a whole new life in the sims. There will probably be families, etc.

*wonders when the first official sims mariage will be*

Yoshiman
08-31-2002, 07:08 PM
Orginally posted by Breaker
anyone who stuck with it is easily amused....or retarded
Belive me, I am EASILY amused.

Mercy
08-31-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Breaker
The Sims got old within an hour, anyone who stuck with it is easily amused....or retarded, ;)

So which catagory would you place me in? Personally, I blame it on the OCD. I have the original and three of the expansions which I usually binge on for a couple, three days then ignore the game altogether for a few months.

The Sims Online does not interest me beyond its impact on the computer game industry and internet culture. As a game it seems much too vapid to offer any real entertainment value for the monthly subscription fee. These games are meant to be entertaining and The Sims Online is expecting the customers to be the entertainment. Most of the subscription-based MMORPG companies are starting to recognize that this does not work for long no matter how many Skinner Box activities you code in. If the game itself is not entertaining, it is not worth paying for.

m.