PDA

View Full Version : Got Metroid?

Dart Zaidyer
08-30-2002, 03:47 PM
(This post blatantly ripped from PureZC Forums because I'm the one who posted it and didn't feel like writing another one. So nyah.)

Hey folks, here's a situation... I'm looking for a Super Metroid tileset.

Now at one point I did have a few in a Super Metroid quest template I was making, but then it got erased and I had no backups. =/

So, being pretty discouraged, I've decided to come here and ask for some help. Anyone having the time to work on this would be GREATLY appreciated, too. I'm looking mainly for powerups and scenery tiles. (And yes, I know DoY has Brinstar tiles, so please don't restate that fact.)

Oh, and here's a tip: Ripping straight from the Super Metroid ROM is the easiest way to go insane. Trust me, screenshots are your friends.
Don't hesitate to build a custom palette for this stuff if you need to, I don't really have anything to lose there... After all, I'd like to make a complete quest template out of it. (And of course, a quest just to knock people's socks off.)

I know this is a lofty task, to say the least... But 4 out of 5 people agree that it would kick ass. Heh... Well anyway, any questions or comments? Anyone actually willing to even begin to do this? Anyone willing to put me in my place?

VEL
08-30-2002, 05:57 PM
You might find this helpful.
http://www.gsarchives.com/snes/SuperMetroid.shtml

Dart Zaidyer
09-01-2002, 04:04 PM
Ah, thanks for that link... Now begins the long process of building a believable tileset... but hey, I've already got about 7 fully animated item pickups already. =)

ZeldaLord
09-02-2002, 09:03 AM
VEL, that site has mostly sprite and Brinstar tiles (which he's already got).