PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo, YIM.... wtf???

obi
08-30-2002, 08:41 AM
OKay, according to my profile on AGN and at yahoo, I'm online on a YIM client, but the problem is, I have only logged into yim through my PC, and that very PC is in pieces in my brothers room. Also, I am current logged into Yahoo mail as agnboy2000 not obi_ag so I can't be online as obi_ag...... I am very confused :confused:

Darunia
08-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Dunno... this is quite confusing...

Maybe someone is using your obi_ag name?

Masamune
08-30-2002, 09:47 AM
well, whoever they are, i sent them about 40 lines of spam!

Hermit
08-30-2002, 10:10 AM
Yahoo! has always had problems with logging people out of it's system at times. Even when you click anywhere to "log out", especially through their pager, it's generally questionable whether or not you actually are logged out. Sometimes when you close the pager without logging out, your name can be stuck at Yahoo for a long period of time. I remember back in the day, I think my record for being logged into Yahoo in 1 go around was a few months. Regardless of whether or not I logged out of the system, and it telling me I logged out of the system, my name stayed "stuck" logged in. Glitch in their system I suppose...

Kind of a hassle really, when all the people on your buddy list think you're always online... when you're not :o|

I quit using Yahoo things a long time ago, not worth the effort to me anymore.

Masamune
08-30-2002, 10:16 AM
heh. i hear you hermit! i had YIM a while ago but then it pissed me off too much so i deleted. then obi made me get it back so we can transfer files. (AIM doesn't work for him)

Drunken Tiger
08-30-2002, 10:18 AM
I havent tried YIM yet... Maybe ill give it a go!! :D

Cyclone
08-30-2002, 12:09 PM
I have a contact who, when visible, is NOT online...then, when NOT visible, is online. I can't understand it, myself. They're always had problems.

Cyclone

obi
08-30-2002, 01:12 PM
Eh, so thats it eh and I was thinking as Darunia had suggested that some one had hacked into my account :eyebrow:

Well, I only got YIM for the sake of it, also the fact that it probably the best method for asking my brother things even through he lives in the room right next to mine, lol

hey, when I get my connection back, I'll give you guys a game of pool:D

Masamune
08-30-2002, 01:39 PM
yahoo pool(c)!? sry. my comp doesn't like java games. or anything else java.

obi
08-30-2002, 01:56 PM
I don't think it's java, I don't even know how to get it up...

But for your java thingy try somehting called sun java plugin, I think this is the one - http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html