PDA

View Full Version : Magic hitch

JayeM
08-28-2002, 08:22 PM
I'm converting a quest from 1.90 to beta 163. I set up magic and it works fine except that the enemies don't drop magic jars. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

AlphaDawg
08-28-2002, 09:42 PM
In almost every quest I've played with magic enabled original enemies (that is, enemies Dark Nation has not added in himself) have rarely, if ever, dropped magic jars. Enemies Dark Nation has added such as tribbles and octoroks-on-crack drop them frequently.

Therefore, maybe it's not something you're doing or a bug, but a limitation.

Cyclone
08-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Regardless, shouuldn't all enemies drop anything, if the option to drop it is there? If magic is not enabled, the enemies doubtless don't continue to drop magic jars...

Cyclone

Demimore
09-03-2002, 02:46 AM
No idea....

ShadowTiger
09-03-2002, 11:19 AM
Oh. Actually, I think that it is only any enemy that uses the 9th Cset. This naturally includes all "tribbles," Zoras, (I mean Zolas! ZOLAS!!! Never call them Zoras..) the new "bat" enemies, bat robes, and I think a blue lanmola, one blue leever, umm.., and a lot of wizrobes have given me magic stuff. Whether it is a magic jar large or small is totally random. Or at least so it seems...

Shadow
09-08-2002, 01:56 PM
well actuly ive seen almost any enemy drop them. I once saw a orctock red drop one. Are you sure you have the sprites for the magic jar set up?

Starkist
09-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Tekties seem to drop them in my quest when I enable magic. Speaking of which, I should get back to it someday...... :-p