PDA

View Full Version : A fun way to support AGN?

Beldaran
08-25-2002, 02:48 AM
I think it would be fun if WL instituted a forum hack, giving us a set of attributes in our profile like such:

Title: ranging from peasant to Duke. Warlord's rank is set at king.

Acerage: The number of acres we own.

Mistresses: The number of mistresses we have. (for prestige)

Soldiers: the number of mercenary soldiers working for us

We would purchase improvements of these stats with actual money, to support the site. If you have more soldiers than some one else, you can attack them and take either one of their mistresses or one of their acres. You can buy improvements to your title, but its more expensive.

The wieght of your title, along with your acres, mistresses, and soldiers will be displayed as a sign of prestige below your avatar and location.

I think this would be a really fun way to support AGN and I would play along, both to support AGN and to have more chicks than Darth Cronic. :D

What say you?

MottZilla
08-25-2002, 02:50 AM
It's an odd idea, but I suppose some people might have fun with it. :shrug:

Lone Wolf
08-25-2002, 02:50 AM
Sounds like a good way for Warlord to rake in the mula.

Icey
08-25-2002, 02:55 AM
I seriously doubt that anyone would pay real cash just to buy a line of text that says you have some soliders or some mistresses... Then again maybe someone would, heck it's worth a shot.

Dechipher
08-25-2002, 02:57 AM
*looks at paully06's post*
evidently someone has not been at agn long enough....

Beldaran
08-25-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by paullyo6
I seriously doubt that anyone would pay real cash just to buy a line of text that says you have some soliders or some mistresses... Then again maybe someone would, heck it's worth a shot.

I just told you that I would.:confuse2:

Anyway, its in the spirit of maintaining the server. It's more fun that just mailing a check to some stranger on the other side of the country.:shrug:

Lone Wolf
08-25-2002, 02:59 AM
Message board people are crazy for medals and other stuff that shows how much better they are then others. Its a true fact.

Dechipher
08-25-2002, 03:16 AM
*aghast* What? There is no one here like that!

BTW, I notice you have a PUBLIC avatar...
*points and laughs*

Fade to Black
08-25-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Dechipher
*aghast* What? There is no one here like that!

BTW, I notice you have a PUBLIC avatar...
*points and laughs*

Hey now...I take offence to that. Public avatars don't mean everything, and I sported one for awhile when I was another person with over 2000 posts.

inori
08-25-2002, 03:44 AM
I seriously doubt that anyone would pay real cash just to buy a line of text that says you have some soliders or some mistresses...

Line of text...? If this happens, I plan to put up pictures of my mistresses. :naughty:

Drunken Tiger
08-25-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Fade to Black

Hey now...I take offence to that. Public avatars don't mean everything, and I sported one for awhile when I was another person with over 2000 posts.

And who may that "other" person be!! :evil:

btw i dont think this idea would work..... i just seriously cant imagine people transferring money for some text... :shrug:

MasterSwordUltima
08-25-2002, 08:05 AM
Fade to Black is Sir Anthony, the Dragonslayer!

This idea of purchasing land, and chicks...hmmm...

Drunken Tiger
08-25-2002, 08:26 AM
Oh... I see... Did his account screw up or something??? :confused:

MasterSwordUltima
08-25-2002, 09:13 AM
I have no idea what happened to his other account, I'll search through the member section...

[Edit-O-Vision]Uhm, I don't see him, the only Sir is Sir Romulas[/Edit-O-Vision]

slothman
08-25-2002, 08:48 PM
I'd probably sign up for that. I've always wanted to be part of an interesting feudal society. We could even turn this into a game of some sort.

Breaker
08-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Go play Utopia, there's actual games online just like it... Only free... If warlord wants to start up an mmorpg and charge money then I'm sure he can put together an actual program to do so instead of a big headache with CGI scripting.

Isotope
08-28-2002, 02:39 AM

Go to ebay and look up "Diablo II," right now. Not too many people here are as stupid as that, nor is this a dumb thing to be spending money on, but if you honestly think this tops the level of moronic weirdness that people would still spend money on, you haven't spent enough time off of the Neopets server.