PDA

View Full Version : The More Indicator

ShadowTiger
08-20-2002, 04:46 PM
Hi Everbody! Wouldst thou be so kind as to assist a fellow ZCer in need... or assistance? (Renaissance fairs are awesome. :nerd: )

Where is is that you are able to place the more indicator (when you have multiple lines of text) next to the last line of text? Mine always ends up in the middle line all the way at the left, blocking some vital text! Yet in DoY, it is right there at the end of the last line, right where it should be.

So my question to you is: Where is the tab that lets us place the thing. I already know how to set its appearance.

One more question: What does the boss indicator do. It doesn't do anything yet, right?

VEL
08-20-2002, 05:38 PM
The "more indicator" is set in the "init data".

Blonde799
08-20-2002, 08:15 PM
And I think the boss marker is in the rev. 2 subscreen, which is in later betas I believe.

ShadowTiger
08-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Thanks!!! Ummm.. One further Question: What are the coordinates for the indicator to be (either) at the end of the last word, or right under the last line in the middle. Those would be the ideal placements, except the latter might be over the guy. Well, at least that would get the players attention!:)

Blonde799
08-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Here's an easy way to place the More indicator......

You see link's current position on a screen when you use zquest? The coordinates under that green square, and other placement options give you a general idea of where to place the indicator. Look for the spot you want the indicator to show up, then place link there. Now copy the current coordinates of link's position into the indicator's form in the init data. The indicator should show up somewhere around where you placed link.

Oh yeah, you should put link back where he was after you're done too.