PDA

View Full Version : Is diablo II still cool?

Beldaran
08-20-2002, 04:11 PM
I was thinking of playing Diablo II again on battlenet. Is it still active? Are there still a bunch of people on it? Is it cool? I feel like by now it will have died out.

Cloral
08-20-2002, 04:14 PM
I know Diablo was still very active long after Diablo 2 came out, so my guess would be that Diablo 2 would still be very active.

Flash Man
08-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Diablo, and Diablo 2 are expensive software for breaking mice from overclicking. I'd say its not it gets too boring.

Daarkseid
08-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Diablo II is as active on Battle.net as ever, if not more so.

Even after Warcraft III's release, Diablo II still gets new topics made about it in Battle.net's forums.

I'm playing the game myself, though not online, as I don't really see much of a point. The game itself is every bit as repetitive as the the original, and is essentially an extension of the first game, but for junkies.

Beldaran
08-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

I'm playing the game myself, though not online, as I don't really see much of a point. .

You get better items online.

[I am a total loser for both knowing this and giving a shit.:D]

Warlock
08-21-2002, 11:43 PM
I always liked the original better.. I mean, the sequel did do everything right in terms of upgrades, but it just seemed to lack the atmosphere of the original. Diablo was creepy and moody.. The whole thing was set inside dark crypts and catacombs.. it gave it a nice spooky feel.. Even Tristram was somewhat ominous.. But I think Diablo II's locations needed work. Most of the outdoor locations were either boring or not really spooky.. The Jungle in act 3 was prob. the best one, but the quests in that act SUCKED! Act 1 was more or less like the first game, but not as good I think... Act 2 had the best quests, but the desert was sooooo boring.. the tombs were cool, but there was more desert traveling than tomb hopping.. and of course, Act 4 (hell) was waaaaaaay too short.. I played some of the expansion, and it was ok.. but I didn't play much of it so I won't comment..

Isotope
08-28-2002, 02:28 AM
I don't know, Warlock. I was ecstatic to finally get the hell outside. I thought act II was the best, all around, hell was too short, and act III was hideously annoying, especially those flamey nostril shamans and the jungle. The temple city and bazaar were great, though.