PDA

View Full Version : Beta 163 - No midi sound in ZC :(

Starkist
08-20-2002, 01:13 PM
I had this problem before ever since the first windows version. My midis don't play. I've edited the ag.cfg file and it worked once but then after that they still don't play. Any other ideas?

Eckels
08-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Same problem here. To solve, I just don't use the windows version. :) Dos version loads quicker too.

But it is frustrating.

MottZilla
08-20-2002, 04:09 PM
Try using AGsetup and goto midi. If its set at Alib OPL3 i think, change it to OPL 2. For me on OPL 3 midi is incomplete, doesn't sound right. OPL 2 sounds perfect.

Jigglysaint
08-20-2002, 04:29 PM
My problem is that any default midis don't work. The default overworld, dungoen, and triforce and death music don't work on every beta I've tried. Might I suggest maxing all the midis to 255?

ShadowTiger
08-20-2002, 04:40 PM
Oh! Which Windows are you using? I have an AMD Athlon 1700 MHZ, 512 or RAM (Already fairly obsolete :cry: ) with Windows ME!

And No standard Midi will run in ZC in WinME because WinME automatically boosts the sound quality of all standard midis to near MP3 Quality! and since MP3's can't run in ZC, (or ZQuest.) they are cancelled out! So use a lesser system. I have ZC on my PII 300 MHZ 256 MB of RAM, it works fine in dos in almost any situation, and nearly OK in Windows mode.

One more thing...

Always run Scandisk on regular intervals, and floss daily! :LOL:

imported_Cool_Link
08-20-2002, 05:14 PM
I have a friend with Zelda Cassic and Windows ME. No sound...I tryed everything for him, but I now underdstand why after reading Britannianhero4's post. If it's Windows Me, your stuck soundless.:(

MottZilla
08-25-2002, 03:20 AM
An AMD Athlon 1700mhz isn't close to obsolete. Its not top notch, but nothing is for that long. However you don't need even half that to run ZC fine. You problem is definitly windows ME, or the drivers for the soundcard. Try the Windows version of ZC, unless you already are.