PDA

View Full Version : my monitor does funny things.

Masamune
08-19-2002, 04:24 PM
lately i've been noticing that my monitor makes wierd clicking noises when starting up. like one time my screen was completely sideways and it clicked and went back to normal. 2 out of 9 times it starts up just a little crooked and clicks. is this normal?

Jigglysaint
08-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Maybe in Bizarro World.

Masamune
08-19-2002, 04:29 PM
i only go there on saturdays and my monitor does that all the time.

gdorf
08-19-2002, 04:30 PM
is this normal?

Yes, all monitors click and startup sideways 2 out of 9 times, didn'cha know that!? :tongue:

Dark_Xero
08-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Maybe you should start going on sundays, and ask the preist what to do :p

_dark_link_
08-19-2002, 04:31 PM
No it's not normal and may require you buying a new monitor but as long as it goes to normal when click u'll be fine

Masamune
08-19-2002, 04:32 PM
come on guys! i need to know if my monitor will kick the bucket soon like mak-x's.

EDIT: thank you dark link.

Dark_Xero
08-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Well mine used to do weird things. Black lines used to appear everywhere. For a 50 cent peice, cost 50 bucks to repair, sheesh.

Well you may want to ask someone at your local computor store.

MasterSwordUltima
08-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I would think about getting a new moniter. The machine I'm using now does that everyone other time you turn it on, its not that old either, maybe two years, so, I would get him/her/it a checkup.

Drunken Tiger
08-20-2002, 04:51 AM
My monitor is also clicking every time i start up or ener/exit a game... And nothing is wrong with it so far....:rolleyes:

So i guess your monitor is fine...;)

MottZilla
08-20-2002, 04:55 AM
Well monitors tend to click and makes sounds when changing resolution/color depth. If you aren't changing any of that and it's making noises, then it's just letting you know it might kick the bucket soon.

Drunken Tiger
08-20-2002, 06:38 AM
Yeah, its normally because im changing resolution!! thats right....:scared:

But sometimes my monito also flickers for some unknown reason...

obi
08-20-2002, 06:55 AM
Monitor flicker - Due to interference, usually from Mobile Phones and other forms of communication.

Monitor click - Various monitors click for different reasons,

Posted By MottZ
Well monitors tend to click and makes sounds when changing resolution/color depth. If you aren't changing any of that and it's making noises, then it's just letting you know it might kick the bucket soon.

Also, some monitors, I've heard come with some form of Auto Degaus and they make 'clicking' noises when Degausing (if thats a word). It removes those wierd colour difference that you whould get if you placed a high power magnet next to a TV screen, damn usefull as PC's are loaded with magnets.

I think...

MottZilla
08-20-2002, 03:57 PM
My monitor has deguass, but not auto deguass. Who the hell would want auto deguass? o.O Also, my monitor has some neat thing it does so now i get like minimal amount of dust. I used to get ALOT of dust. Now next to none.