PDA

View Full Version : slow quest help

zeldamaniac2733
08-19-2002, 02:14 PM
My quest seems a little bit slow. It takes a long time for it to save, and other things too it just seems slower than usual anybody have any tips on how to speed it up.

zeldamaniac2733
[email protected]

Jigglysaint
08-19-2002, 02:17 PM
get a faster computer. That's the only way for now.

zeldamaniac2733
08-19-2002, 02:37 PM
is the new beta version slower or something it started going slower when i downloaded it?

zeldamaniac2733
[email protected]

Teilyr
08-19-2002, 03:10 PM
Yes. It has a crapload of new features that tend to lag low end systems. Like mine, for example.. Alot of layers slow it down considerably.

If you're a quest developer, try to take the fact that not everyone has a great comp into consideration.

VEL
08-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Check out the beta reports thread, it talks about how much faster ZC is now. I think the next version should run full speed for everyone.

blckscab
08-19-2002, 04:30 PM
If there are lots of waterfall sfk around the place that slows it down alot.
I found tis out on my shadow of evil quest, I hade wave sfk on every screen and it ran realy slow so I got rid of them all and it went back to normal

Teilyr
08-19-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by VEL
Check out the beta reports thread, it talks about how much faster ZC is now. I think the next version should run full speed for everyone. You are correct sir. .. At least according to 2 of my friends that are beta testers who have about the same level of comp leetness as I do.

VEL
08-20-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Teilyr
You are correct sir. .. At least according to 2 of my friends that are beta testers who have about the same level of comp leetness as I do.

I'm a beta tester that's how I knew it ran so well, it even runs full speed for me on a screen with 4 layers, 3 of which are translucent. I'm also going to add more layers and stuff to my quests since it runs so much faster now, I won't have to worry about it being to slow anymore.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2002, 11:42 AM
What kind of PC do you have? Mine is a PII 300 MHZ 256 MB of Ram, and it tends to kinda slow down a little bit (Dos only) when some layers are applied. When all of them (don't ask..) are applied, the FR goes to about 1/4 of the max.

On my AMD 1700 (WinME - No Music.) It is 60/60 all the way, but again, No Music. Win ME Boosts the sound quality of Midis just enough so they are of MP3 quality. Sad, but true. So remember that when you get a new computer.

But the Windows Version on my PII is weird. It goes a bit slower at times, and a bit faster at times. With Vsync on, the screen scrolls immediately!

VEL
08-20-2002, 03:13 PM
I've tried one of the betas on a 233MHZ with 32MB of RAM, it took forever to start the game, but once I started the game, it always ran full speed, even on the screen with a bunch of translucent layers.