PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker for Gamecube?

KingArthur
08-19-2002, 03:18 AM
I'm sure we've all seen the GCN Keyboard, if not here it is... http://www.gamecube-mexico.8k.com/keyboard3.jpg

Now I know PSO will use it, but why would ASCII be making it unless they were planing on doing something with it, like maybe an RPG maker game. Who agrees?

Warlock
08-19-2002, 03:30 AM
hehe, that's pretty cool lookin' ;)

Artevoi
08-19-2002, 03:20 PM
I don't care what system it'll be on, I just hope the next RPG Maker will actually be released in the US (like the PS1 one).

Master Ghaleon
08-19-2002, 10:32 PM
I would love to see a RPG maker for the gamecube.

Daarkseid
08-19-2002, 10:39 PM
I would hope that the next console version of RPGmaker is for a console that supports a keyboard and mouse, while at the same time, the actual games are controlled by the gamepad.

I don't think RPGmaker2k for windows had gamepad support.

Mak-X
08-19-2002, 11:44 PM
I believe ASCII or some company is working on a 3-D RPG maker for Playstation 2.

Master Ghaleon
08-19-2002, 11:48 PM
My friend told me PS2 is coming out with an actual Game Maker. He said that Linux is making it and it will cost about 199 dollars?

Daarkseid
08-20-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
My friend told me PS2 is coming out with an actual Game Maker. He said that Linux is making it and it will cost about 199 dollars?

no no no, thats the Linux kit. For 200 bucks, you get a 40 gb Harddrive(not compatible with PS2 games that allow for caching and saving files to the external HD), a keyboard, a mouse, an adapter to connect your PS2 to a PC monitor, and a version of Linux to run on your PS2.

And with this Linux kit, you can basically do with your PC what you do with a normal PC, browse the internet(if your PS2 has a modem or broadband adapter), run linux applications. Also, I believe the kit comes with the run time software for writing your own PS2 games.

And this isn't some easy to use game maker like RPGmaker2k, its basically giving you a programming environment, from which point, you need to be knowledgeable in programming languages to create your games. Definitely not something for those who use RM2k because of its ease in use.

Fade to Black
08-20-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Artevoi
I don't care what system it'll be on, I just hope the next RPG Maker will actually be released in the US (like the PS1 one).

Hopefully they won't do this again though...and release something that was worthwhile for all of our time.

The PSX version was way too limited. Hopefully they'll release it for the XBOX and you can download patches and stuff for it when it goes online.

Daarkseid
08-20-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Fade to Black

Hopefully they won't do this again though...and release something that was worthwhile for all of our time.

The PSX version was way too limited. Hopefully they'll release it for the XBOX and you can download patches and stuff for it when it goes online.

X-box seems unlikely...

and limitations, personally, are good in games. It inspires people to take full advantage of what they have, and this results in a few genuinely good games.

Although I'm waiting for the RPG design studio(a freeware RPG maker being coded by somebody) to be released. Where RM2k has about only 50 commands for executing events, RPGds will have over 300. Plus it will have support for higher resolutions and color depths...

You can learn more about it at http://www.crypticdesigns.com
One good thing about its eventual release; it will be in English so we won't have to wait for somebody to translate it, like we would with RM2k3.

Tygore
08-20-2002, 07:26 PM
This would be cool: an RPG maker for Cube that lets you transfer games to the GBA.

Lone Wolf
08-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Sounds cool! I liked the RPG Maker for PS one and PS2 will be awesome, it will come out in Japan 100% there not sure about North America.

Artevoi
08-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Tygore
This would be cool: an RPG maker for Cube that lets you transfer games to the GBA.

That would R0X0R, but I doubt the Big N would allow anything like that.

BTW, when I said "like the PS1 one" I meant "Actually released in the US" not "similar to the PS1 one." Sorry if I confused anyone.