PDA

View Full Version : what I'd like to see

Beldaran
08-18-2002, 06:09 PM
is to have novels, especially sci fi and fantasy novels, come accompanied with a CD of music composed for the book, and at certain scenes there are footnotes that tell you what tracks to play while reading, that way the book would have a soundtrack.

I'm reading a really cool fantasy novel right now called "Wizard's First Rule" and I wish it had a soundtrack because its a beautiful book.

King Link
08-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Ah, that's the first book in Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, right? With Richard Cypher and Kahlan Amnell etc.? That book and the rest of the series (as far as I have read so far) is awesome.

I think a soundtrack would be awesome. Great adventure and characters, and music to go along would make the adventure all the more epic.

Beldaran
08-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by King Link
Ah, that's the first book in Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, right? With Richard Cypher and Kahlan Amnell etc.? That book and the rest of the series (as far as I have read so far) is awesome.

Yep, that's the one.:)

minime
08-19-2002, 06:06 AM
where can i buy that novel

Jemsee
08-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Sword of Truth series is great.
Each book gives you a new wizard rule.
I’ve read all 7 that are out and there should be a new one soon.

His site, Prophets Inc. (http://www.terrygoodkind.com/) says there is now a prelude to SoT called Debt of Bones.
Its about Zedd the wizard.

The sound track is a good idea.
I found a site awhile ago where someone had a similar idea for the books "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" (http://theland.antgear.com/index.html). If you go to the site click sound track.
It shows a list of songs for recommended listening at each part.
Kind of cool.

Dark_Legend
08-19-2002, 12:34 PM
That novel sounds so cool but i don't read a lot!

Dark_Xero
08-19-2002, 12:39 PM
I'd like to see sound tracks with books, as long as you get the book(s) all at once, cause it would be supid if you had the same CD with every book in a series

EWild
08-19-2002, 12:47 PM
How about a Star Wars novel with music? It would have the theme and it would make it sound a lot better. =)

cyberkitten
08-19-2002, 01:57 PM
i normally read a lot of stephen king, dean koontz, robin cook, etc. and i'd love to have a soundtrack of some sort to go along with the books. it doesn't necessarily have to be complete songs, but maybe a soft background tune with some sound effects overlaid. i remember reading bag of bones in the late afternoon/early evening last winter and a storm popped up right as i got to the section of the book where a big storm is raging and the main character is debating on whether to kill the girl or save her life. it made a pretty cool effect to be reading it right as that happened. although it left me feeling sort of out of it for the rest of the night.

Jemsee
08-19-2002, 04:21 PM
I was just thinking that this would have to be difficult to time.
People read at different speeds and if a song goes with a part it would be impossable to time it with every one.
So the best one could do is have a song dedicated to a part of a book.
You get the same feeling from book or song.
But was like suggested, if a footnote said to play this song here, that might work.