PDA

View Full Version : Possebly the best birthday present yet...

Dracula
08-18-2002, 02:35 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/data/16887.html

Look at the NA release date... That's my birthday!!! w00t!!!11 1n j0r f4c3, f0kk3rs!!!11!!1! w00t w00t w00t!!!1!!11!!!

Sorry about that... But I guess delaying games pays off. :D

EWild
08-18-2002, 03:17 PM
Now that kicks ass! =) Sweetness, Sept. 18 is when it's being released. =)

MottZilla
08-18-2002, 04:35 PM
If I had money and a GBA to TV adaptor i'd be excited maybe. ;p Till then I'll wait till i have a nice P3 or something to emulate it.

Carmine
08-18-2002, 06:58 PM
... Thats amazing... On your birthday and all... Couinsidence?

Now maybe Perfect Dark zero will come out August 13... Come on where on a roll here!... Well sorta, not really.

But anyways that would rank as one of the best Birthday presents ever... Just make sure to reserve it.

AlexMax
08-18-2002, 08:26 PM
Fate?

EWild
08-18-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
Now maybe Perfect Dark zero will come out August 13... Come on where on a roll here!... Well sorta, not really.

I doubt it, PDZ is still in the making stages and are very low on the comnpletion percentage to my knowldege but one can always pray. =)

Orion
08-19-2002, 12:12 AM
Heh... SMS happens to come out on my B-Day. Not exactly as thrilled to death as you are though.

Dracula
08-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Well, you don't seem to be a fan of SMS, actually. Of course, I'm a huge ass fan of Castlevania, and I shit my cape once I saw the final NA date.

Daarkseid
08-19-2002, 01:32 AM
September 18th? Ah... I wanted the game now...

MottZilla
08-19-2002, 01:46 AM
LOL. Shit your cape? And I wonder if they fixed the low quality audio samples for the US release....

Dracula
08-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
LOL. Shit your cape? And I wonder if they fixed the low quality audio samples for the US release....

Well, it used the GBC sound chip, but it sounds like the Sega Genesis. It's not as bad as people think. Plus, we all know how well Konami is with low sound quality. The sound effects, is totally different. Two times better than COTM's sound effects. The music is the least of my worries.

MottZilla
08-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Actually the YM Sega Genesis chip is much better than what the new CV sounded like.

Dracula
08-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Well, I kinda think by comparing the GBC chip and the GBA chip, it sounds a little in between. I mean, they use the bleeps and bloops, but the intro still sounds like an organ more than a beep. The Marble Hall is the same, it's bleepy but sounds like an organ. The Chapel, vibraphone. The Clock Tower... wow. Not as much bleeps and bloops, more harpiscord. That's why I say Genesis. The Genesis had it's bleeps and bloops, but you can tell what instrument they were going for.

Daarkseid
08-19-2002, 09:22 PM
I've listened to some Mp3s of the music pulled from Harmony of Dissonance, and they are not at all up to the quality that the Genesis was capable of.

If anything, they're about as good as late generation NES games.

Not that I care, I thought the music in the NES Castlevanias were fine.

I'm hoping that with a next GBA castlevania game, that Konami opts to use a larger cartridge capacity... I know GBA carts are capable of 256 and maybe even 512 mbits, that should be enough to maintain the amount of game that Dissonance is, while still being able to utilize the GBA's soundchip.

Dracula
08-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I've listened to some Mp3s of the music pulled from Harmony of Dissonance, and they are not at all up to the quality that the Genesis was capable of.

If anything, they're about as good as late generation NES games.

Not that I care, I thought the music in the NES Castlevanias were fine.

Actually, yes. Even the later NES games prove my point of instrumenting bleeps and bloops. But, it sounds better than CVIII, considering the fact that CVIII's music was the best pulled out of the NES sound chip. But, HoD just shows how much we loved the NES CV's music.