PDA

View Full Version : MIDI Battles #1!!!!

Dechipher
08-17-2002, 10:20 PM
This is How it'll work....
There will be two midis...You guys vote on which is best.
Also, feel free to nominate YOUR MIDIS (Mixes are accepted) for hte next Showdown.
For now, I'll pit my two best MIDIs against each other, and hopefully I'll have someone else's next time (which happens as soon as I get two more.) PM me your nominations for YOUR midi, or someone elses (from agn, for instance, you could, if you wanted to, nominate Dreamstate, by Hermit.)
Now vote :)

Teilyr
08-17-2002, 10:29 PM
I like the Medieval one more, but Forgotten isn't bad. You're quite talented. :D

Dechipher
08-17-2002, 10:34 PM
You're just sucking up 'cause you want to use my MIDI...:)

Teilyr
08-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Not really no.. If I was sucking up, I'd be all newbie'ish.

DUDE! YOU ARE THE BEST ARTIST IN THE HISTORY OF MIDI MAKING. I WANT TO HEAR ALL OF YOU STUFF AND DOWNLOAD IT, BURN IT TO A CD, AND LISTEN TO IT IN MY CAR. YOU SHOULD PUT ON A CONCERT IN CENTRAL PARK. I KNOW 1 PERSON WOULD SHOW UP BECAUSE IT'D BE ME...

Or something to that nature. I was just complimenting you. :kawaii:

Hermit
08-18-2002, 02:36 AM
You should have discussed this with me first. We could make this a normal thing like the Photoshop and Who's the Hottest contests. Although I won't be working that much with midi stuff anymore, except for the occassional quick conversion, I think this might be fun ;)

By the way, you might want to provide links to your works again in your initial post, for those who failed to see the first thread you made about "Forgotten". Kinda hard to vote for things that folks would have to go and search the boards to find.

As for my Dreamstate, I wouldn't nominate that, it wasn't very good. Just some little ditty I slapped together for that contest in MM. Let me know a few days before you plan on doing this again and I might be able to add something of mine to it.

As for the topic, I'd say Midevil as well. I listened to both of them quite a few ways, as adlib, through mpu-401, through modplug, through wingroove, and again through audio compositor. Midevil took the cake on every one, it just sounds better ;)

EDIT: Ahhh nm, the links are in the poll, silly me...

Executioner of Deities
08-18-2002, 04:16 AM
Those are very nice decipher. You have a perfect talent for the medium. I'd love to show you my stuff, but none of it is recorded in midi...i only have it in wav and cda. Dont know how to convert it. Any ideas?

However i must say my music isnt...ensembled at all. Im not good at that, need practice. Just piano parts, im a pianist.

Hermit
08-18-2002, 05:07 AM
If they are just piano parts, you might be able to salvage most of it with a wav->midi converter. Some of it may get messed up, especially if more than 1 note is being played simultaneously. If they are a slew of different notes played at the same time though, your best bet is to just rewrite the whole thing in midi form, otherwise you'd just get a bunch of garbled crap from the wav->midi converter. Programs like that can't pick out multiple frequencies of notes played at the same time very well, if at all.

Executioner of Deities
08-18-2002, 05:57 AM
maybe i could compress them into mp3's...that would be a little lighter upload. But unfortunately i am unable to record midis. I had a chord for my keyboard to plug into the joystick port on my soundcard, but i lost it. Doesnt that suck ass. maybe i can find another one at compUSA or radio shack.

Hermit
08-18-2002, 07:40 AM
If you're using an external keyboard, it would be no problem to make midis. You really wouldn't have to do any work at all. Just get a midi sequencer that supports external keyboard sequencing and all you'll need to do is play while the program writes it out for you ;)

I'm sure there are probably a few freebie sequencers that'll do that for you if you don't have one already.

Dechipher
08-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Actually, if you want to nominate a midi, just pm me with it. As soon as I get two, I'll strt a new one. (If I get more than two, I'll pick the vest two and use the others in a few days.)

And EoD, dl this (http://noteworthycomposer.com/evaluate). NWC has staff roles, so you can arrange notees.

EWild
08-18-2002, 10:18 AM
I like Midievil the best but Forgotten is still awsome. =) Good job!

Dechipher
08-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Yeah...Forgotten is 'my baby' cause its my first guitar to midi song

Paradox
08-18-2002, 11:23 PM
if you'd told me about this earlier, i would've made something :blah:

*gets to work*

edit: wtf did you take the songs off your website already?

minime
08-19-2002, 05:52 AM
how do i listen to medivel?

Dechipher
08-24-2002, 11:41 PM
uh...
they are up...at least, when I click on em....
BTW, if I get no submissioons, I will just have to use two more of my own...