PDA

View Full Version : tips/tricks for ZC

Death Link
08-17-2002, 07:24 PM
sorry i didnt know where to post this, so i decided to post it here.

if you have any nifty tricks for ZCeditor, post them here!

Dark_Xero
08-17-2002, 07:42 PM
ZQuest, not ZCeditor. And there are tricks posted everywhere, start lookin.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2002, 10:40 AM
But why not form a sort of sub-compendium right here? I did it with my fairly humble "She who dances with darknuts" topic. (Available in ZC Discussion, or the link is right here.)

Raichu86 might start a little school for dungeon design, and Zeldafan001 is collecting DoY information for a walkthrough to end all walkthroughs!

And all around there are these "official" sites, but when have they been updated? (Not a complaint, just a point hopefully proven...) but here we have all the "Little People" like you or I collecting information and posting it for everyone else.

So I say to you Man: Why not collect tips and tricks about ZQuest right here right now?!?!?!

It would surely help the community. Anyone who cannot enter any posts on the official websites for some help on the more complicated tricks could come here for some good ol' fashioned advice.

As the first entry here, I would like to tell everyone about a very simple method of getting link two places on the same screen with... (Lost train of though.) Instead I will provide an example.

Say you start out in a V1.90 Quest without a sword nearby. You start out right in front of your house, and there are bushes right in front of you that you can't chop without a sword. So you start in front of the door and go in, then when you exit you appear on the same screen but beyond the bushes, and even appear on a HC that wasn't there before!!! ALL ON THE SAME SCREEN!!!!
No fancy dmap warping involved. It is simple manipulation of the game engine. In V1.90, the item on the very first scene you start out in doesn't appear until after you return to that scene. That's how you collect an HC that wasn't there before. Now for the multiple appearances in the same scene, use the green starting tile (for entrance/exits) in front of the door, and the blue starting tile (cave exits, used for dmap warps mainly) beyond the bushes.

So this way Link will "Entrance/Exit" to his initial starting position when you enter the game for the first time, and when you exit from the house you appear in a dmap exit, instead of the entrance/exit. Simple, efficient, and you come out with a new Heart Container!

Whoops, I think this topic has to be moved to ZQuest help now. (Sorry!)

Death Link
08-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Xero
ZQuest, not ZCeditor.

i ment to put ZCQuestEditor but i didnt. im so sorry i insulted you so much :D

Originally posted by Dark_Xero
And there are tricks posted everywhere, start lookin.

i didnt post this because I wanted them, i posted it so new comers, and such can look in here for some tips! and i didnt want to spend all day typing them all out, so im making others do that!

thank you Dark_Xero, i actually used that trick in one of my first quests that never got releaced!

MasterSwordUltima
08-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Treasure Chests:

You will need two tiles, the chest open, and the chest closed. OK, make the chest closed tile slashable (as the combo) and the open tiles the undercombo. Now place the closed chest tile on the screen. Select the Armos>Item flag and put it on the Closed Chest tile. Select the item from the Misc screen (I beleive, its been a while) and place the rupee icon ontop of the Closed Chest. Now when you play your quest, on that screen, Link will use his sword to open the chest and get the item! Not my finding, but very good trick indeed!

Oh, and Death Link, I had the Sheik Quest idea first!

MasterSwordUltima
08-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Treasure Chests:

You will need two tiles, the chest open, and the chest closed. OK, make the chest closed tile slashable (as the combo) and the open tiles the undercombo. Now place the closed chest tile on the screen. Select the Armos>Item flag and put it on the Closed Chest tile. Select the item from the Misc screen (I beleive, its been a while) and place the rupee icon ontop of the Closed Chest. Now when you play your quest, on that screen, Link will use his sword to open the chest and get the item! Not my finding, but very good trick indeed!

Oh, and Death Link, I had the Sheik Quest idea first!

Happyman
08-28-2002, 06:25 PM
I think you accidentally posted twice.

Remember that some people are very unwilling to share tricks for fear that other people will use them and take credit.

Such is the case with me...

Demimore
08-29-2002, 04:46 AM
heheh quit immediately with ESC....
Bad tip, isnt it

Happyman
08-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Err, did that have a point?

Anyway, one tip I am willing to share is to use your creativity when it comes to the raft. Try to make it something interesting.