PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH: Bill Gates Home Depot shares.

AlexMax
08-17-2002, 02:28 AM
$36.7 million dollars worth of Home Depot stock that is...

http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?type=3&cat=0541&id=0208141817530010

What's next?

-----

MS Admitted to Bug in MyBBQ 2002

A well respected member of an underground BBQ Hacking team reveiled a potentially dangerous bug in MS's popular MyBBQ 2002. "It has to do with the DirectPropaneValve," he said on a UseNet post following the press release last Thursday. "When a user installs a fresh ActivePropaneTank, the valve resets to 'max flow' and 'on'. Because this proceedure usually happens more than an hour before standard use, dangerous gasses can build up inside the body of the MyBBQ, and subsequent ignition could potentially roast the user and others nearby. I sent three emails over the past two weeks detailing the flaw, but I have gotten [little] useful responses back. Among the concerns was that anyone with a sutable pre-1960's supersonic tv remote can edit the registry, making it appear that the ActivePropaneTank has been changed."
MS Representitave downplayed the seriousness of the bug, saying that "normal users do not need to be poking around under the hood. If the ActivePropaneTank needs to be re-installed, [he] should take it to a designated Repair Center, or buy a new MyBBQ.... Releasing this information into the wild before an adaquate bug fix could be developed only puts normal users into an undue state of worry and risk, as there are many BBQ vigilante's out there waiting to take advantage of the latest security flaws in the BBQ-OS.... Besides, there are no reports of any [sutable] remotes out there."
Currently, the only workaround is to leave ActivePropaneTank uninstalled when the unit is not in use, and the check the state of the DirectPropaneValve immediately after installation.

(fictitious news article shamelessly ripped from FuckMicrosoft column. The actual story is real though)

Beldaran
08-17-2002, 02:46 AM
oh god he's buying stock? AHHHHH!!!!

[runs for cover]

What's next? Bill Gates buying groceries and a new DVD player? AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Daarkseid
08-17-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
oh god he's buying stock? AHHHHH!!!!

[runs for cover]

What's next? Bill Gates buying groceries and a new DVD player? AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yeah, Bill Gates is contributing more to the economy than any of our sorry asses will.

Beldaran
08-17-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Yeah, Bill Gates is contributing more to the economy than any of our sorry asses will.

That was my sarcastic point.:D

AlexMax
08-17-2002, 02:56 AM
You got a point. That's probably just a drop in the bucket for him ,and might as well be fucking groceries.

Daarkseid
08-17-2002, 02:59 AM
Yeah, another ironic thing I'd like to point out about Bill Gates, is that while he's investing money, creating jobs and new businesses, and at the same time, giving millions to charity, a bunch of us computer geeks who likely live off of our parents money are treating him as some kind of satan, and all the while we download music, movies and games without paying for them.

Breaker
08-17-2002, 03:02 AM
Yeah, another ironic thing I'd like to point out about Bill Gates, is that while he's investing money, creating jobs and new businesses, and at the same time, giving millions to charity, a bunch of us computer geeks who likely live off of our parents money are treating him as some kind of satan, and all the while we download music, movies and games without paying for them.

Heathen!!!

AlexMax
08-17-2002, 03:04 AM
KILL HIM!!!!!!!1111111111

Beldaran
08-17-2002, 03:21 AM

Preach brother Daarkseid!:heart:

MottZilla
08-17-2002, 03:47 AM
Bill Gates can fucking die. Preferably after making his will out so I get all his stuff. ;p

I really don't care about bill gates or hate him. He's just a business man. He doesn't actually know anything or have real skills though.

DarkDragoonX
08-17-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
He doesn't actually know anything or have real skills though.

That's ridiculous. He's obviously a canny businessman, or he wouldn't be where he is now.

Breaker
08-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX

That's ridiculous. He's obviously a canny businessman, or he wouldn't be where he is now.

Go watch the movie, "Silicon Valley".

Radium
08-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
You got a point. That's probably just a drop in the bucket for him ,and might as well be fucking groceries.

I dont think that would be very sanitary... lol, stop being jealous of Billy, put yourself in his shoes :D (I would be so much more generous however... lol I would go around throwing money everywhere ;))

Beldaran
08-17-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Breaker

Go watch the movie, "Silicon Valley".

since movies are an accurate portrayal of how everything in real life works.:rolleyes:

Shadowblazer
08-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Indeed. That's like telling somebody interested in the Titanic disaster to go watch Titanic. Sure, some of the info is completely correct, but the rest is pure fluff designed to entertain and nothing more.

Cloral
08-18-2002, 12:59 AM
Silicon Valley isn't the most accurate movie out there. It is obvious that the director is biased towards Apple, as many reviewers have pointed out.

God forbid I invest money! :rolleyes:
If you're going to criticize someone, find something intelligent to say first.

Dechipher
08-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Yeah. You KNOW he wouldn't have sunk.

Breaker
08-18-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Cloral
If you're going to criticize someone, find something intelligent to say first.

Who exactly is criticizing anyone? Maybe it would work a little bit better if the sum of you all would stop putting words in other's mouths, :shrug:

Seemed like a lot you speak while knowing jack shit of what it is you're giving an opinion of. Forgive me for asking someone to check out a movie.