PDA

View Full Version : Alucard's Challenge: Near the end

Qusetonui
08-17-2002, 12:31 AM
Now that I completed Alucard's Challenge (originally my Third Quest entry) up to Level 7, and I have completely redesigned Level 8 (from Boots to a Zora) and I have good news: the quest itself is about 78% done (it is ahead of Legend of Sassooniala which is about 60% done). I was wondering if I could swap Level 5's colors (brown with water) with Level 2 (green with water). In Level 2, you would not see Red nor Blue Wizzrobes (instead, hordes of Like Likes, Vires, Zols and Red Lanmolas await). I feel like the quest should be more harder and the FtG room in Level 2 (Feed the Goriya) will become a... "LEAVE YOUR LIFE OR MONEY" room. I wonder why I am doing this quest. The quest has now been renamed "Alucard's Challenge" and will be released in a Revenge 2 tileset format (minus the bloody death). It will retain the original LoZ music.

bigjoe
08-19-2002, 07:23 AM
Umm , 5Q5... I'd like to play it. Really. I would.

Teilyr
08-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Sounds.. Interesting. I'll probably check it out when I'm not busy. New quests are always nice.

Kirby of Doom
08-19-2002, 08:00 PM
It will retain the original LoZ music.

Hope all goes well with your quest. Anyway, just a suggestion. You should by all means avoid the original LOZ music. I don't know why anyone would use it, you can find cool midis really easy. :shrug:

Qusetonui
08-24-2002, 09:46 PM
We're talking about a future 4th Quest here! Red Lanmolas in Level 3 (the Bloody Rivers dungeon as I called them when I played Zelda I three years ago), 2 Blue Darknuts in Level 2 and fill up Level 3's population, and enemies that will cause you to play as the name: "HELP ME". At first, the dungeons were tiny. If you can conquer the first three quests, you can conquer this quest. This quest includes a few new creations, Stalfos 3 (all the way in Level 9), Patra 2, Bats (Levels 7, 8 and 9 are your confrontations with them), Batrobes, and Firerobes are the newbies that are allowed in the 4th Quest. (Try to find the Mirror Shield in Level 8). Sorry, the MIDI's must use the original music (violating the 4th Quest rules and worth -2 points off from 99 and so on).

The offical colors:

Level 1: You know the drill... Turquise/Water; Aquamentus (map looks like a bomb)

Level 2: Teal/Lava; Manhandla in a four corners statue room (map looks like a compass)

Level 3: Green/Blood; 2-Headed Gleeok with two corner statues (map looks like the Stepladder)

Level 4: Blue/Lava; Red Gohma with four statues (map looks like the Power Bracelet)

Level 5: Green/Water; Blue Gohma in cramped quarters (map looks like the Cross)

Level 6: Gold/Water; Patra with four statues (map looks like the Arrow)

Level 7: Silver/Turbulant Water (bright water); Four-headed Gleeok with statues (Map looks like Zelda II's Magic Key)

Level 8: Gold/Lava; Patra with more statues (map looks like an Evil Mask)

Level 9: Silver/Lava; Ganon with four statues firing and six traps (center and corner; map looks like the Mirror Shield)

This quest was born as a Third Quest attempt. Seeing Legend of Sassooniala was going to get in the way, I didn't make it in time and that is why it will be a Fourth Quest attempt.

I once had seven small dungeons on Map 2 and they were removed and I created a better version of it. Now Levels 1-8 use three maps. Level 9 has its own (because it is so damn big... 62 rooms, enemies from the past dungeons and modifications).