PDA

View Full Version : ConnectX VGS

mike5000
08-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Okay as some of you may already know, I just bought a new computer a few days ago (Its awesome). It has Windows XP whitch takes some time to get used to..and I just ran into a problem, I went to install my ConnectX VGS (a playstation) for my new comp and I get a message saying that it is only compatable for windows 95, 98, and ME! I tried searching other websites and found the cracks I need, but When I run the patch, I get the windown 85,98,ME error! does anybody here have good exp. with this and help me get this going. Thanks a million!

-I downloaded it from Kazaa so I dont have the CD if that helps..

MottZilla
08-17-2002, 04:26 AM
I think you need a VGS WinXP patch which is around that makes it compatable with windows xp. Look around for it.

Cloral
08-17-2002, 04:59 PM
I don't thing VGS has been updated in a while, has it? I can't find it listed at their site anymore. You might want to try another PSX emu, the majority of which are free anyway.

Dracula
08-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Connectix canned the VGS project, that's why it won't be updated.

All I know is use the XP patch, and try to intstall VGS again... Or, you can buy a PSone for 50$, with better graphics and sound quality, and more video options...

MottZilla
08-17-2002, 11:55 PM
VGS was bought out by Sony in order to get their product halted.

However still people have released patches and what not for it. However if you can get Epsxe to work for you, definitly use it.

Cloral
08-18-2002, 12:45 AM
Yeah, ePSXe in my experience works great. It even plays my scratched game!

MottZilla
08-18-2002, 12:47 AM
That would be due to your pc having a better drive than whatever wouldn't play it. ;p

mike5000
08-18-2002, 03:01 AM
Okay I will look into other emulators...and I already have a Playstation (the original, not the tiny psone!) I just play it on my comp for fun and to see what its like!!

-thanks for the help!

Cloral
08-18-2002, 03:03 AM
Some game actually look better on the computer - for instance, you can make ePSXe run at high resolutions for 3d graphics (obviously it can't make 2d graphics appear to have higher resolutions), making the graphics look very crisp.

MottZilla
08-18-2002, 03:06 AM
Also if you have a nice Nvidia card uou can force anti-aliasing =) Very nice on PSX games in hi-res.

Soul Reaver 2 on my PC (Ya I know it isn't PSX but anyways) look very nice on my PC. If only I had the full game and not just a demo. It'd be fun to play. I loved just killing demons and such in it.

mike5000
08-18-2002, 03:13 AM
hey I have a Nvidia card....(mike is off to find ePSXe)

MottZilla
08-18-2002, 03:16 AM
What kind? Hopefully GeForce something....? I have a GeForce 2 card which has options to never use anti alias, let software decide, or always. It's in its lovely 5,000 options menu. ;)

Cloral
08-18-2002, 03:25 AM
I'm sure you've found it already, but www.zophar.net is always a good place to check when looking for an emulator. They usually have the latest version of all the big name emulators.
Plus, you're going to need a graphics plugin. If you have an nVidia card, Pete's openGL plugin is what you'll want to get.

mike5000
08-18-2002, 04:13 AM
yes I have the GeForce 2, I found the emu... Its great, but I still have to work on the graphics,sound, and I just took care of the frame rate stuff! (it was going way too fast)

-its 4am now so im goin to bed, see ya tommaro (I think im another one of those people who forgot how to spell ..tommaro..!
S/P!!:meanie:

MottZilla
08-18-2002, 04:21 AM
Epsxe doesn't handle my gamepad correctly, which most things don't handle it right anyway.... but that's why I don't use it and actually use my PSOne or PSX. ;p

Anyways, I'd rather the original hassle free PSX gameplay than emulation.

mike5000
08-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Okay at first this emulator was working fine, now its really glitchy and high matinence..I will just have to keep working with it, I miss the connectX, there was no need to set it up and it worked great on all my games...

Cloral
08-19-2002, 01:53 AM
There isn't a lot of space in the dorms at school, so being able to play the games on my computer is nice for when school starts up again in a little over a month.

PS: What did you do for the framerate fix? Most of the time it runs at the right speed for me, but it goes extremely fast during the movies...

MottZilla
08-19-2002, 01:54 AM
Then get VGS back.

here you go man, Win NT/2000/XP CVGS Fix

http://sapu.ngemu.com/files/cvgs_nt.zip

The CVGS_NT utility allow to run CVGS on Win2K/XP system.
In order to start CVGS on Win2K/XP, the user could need to have the 'tnkXfs.dat' file into his TEMP directory (it could be done automatically when it starts the "Connectix VGS.exe" program): it simply need to copy the 'cvgs_nt.zip' content into their CVGS directory, and then starting 'cvgsrun.exe'.

So there you go man. Try it out and lemme know if it works.