PDA

View Full Version : Flame animations

aweeks
08-16-2002, 02:52 PM
I have ZQ 1.92-163. The fire animation is one tile that gets flipped horizontally. Under graphics, I found the information on which tile, how fast it animates, etc.

I have 6 tiles of fire that I'd rather use. How do I point from one tile to another and set it up to use those 6 or so frames. Keep in mind that this is the fire that is used from the candle, not an animated combo that will be used for decoration. I've managed to make animated combos with no problem. I just can't seem to change this item animation.

Any ideas?

Jigglysaint
08-16-2002, 03:01 PM
They have to be in order. The automanically point to the tile beside it. So the 6 tiles have to be in one unbroken row to work.

aweeks
08-16-2002, 03:07 PM
I have the 6 frames side by side. I am trying to figure out how to get it to point to the new tiles. I am looking under graphics -> sprites -> weapons/misc, where it shows that fire is tile 65, and it animates by flipping horiziontally a few times each secont. The 65 seems to be hard-coded, so I must be looking in the wrong place to be setting this at.

Saffith
08-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Uncheck H-Flip and set A.Frames to 6. I think that should do it.

aweeks
08-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Hrm. I can't seem to uncheck H-Flip. Nor can I check the other boxes. I can set the animation frames and speed however. Now when I use the candle I get a mix of fire, death animations, and a clock. :-)

Thing is, I just want to point to a different starting tile, otherwise I will need to move the next 5 tiles somewhere else and remap those. Of course, if I am going to remap something, why not just remap this one sprite rather than 4 or 5 other sprites?

Of course, I could always just give up. That's easier.

Saffith
08-16-2002, 03:42 PM
You uncheck the boxes by clicking on the words, rather than on the boxes themselves.
You should also be able to change the starting tile... Click on the picture, and it should bring up the tile page. And you just choose there.

Oh, and for the A.Speed, try setting it to something less than 10 lower numbers are faster. (Wasn't thining about it before...)

Happyman
08-16-2002, 03:43 PM
And don't give up when you want to do something, unless the quest is better without it. Try to do everything you want your quest to do. This is what made DoY a classic.

aweeks
08-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Saffith
You uncheck the boxes by clicking on the words, rather than on the boxes themselves.
You should also be able to change the starting tile... Click on the picture, and it should bring up the tile page. And you just choose there.

Ya know, I wouldn't have thought of those things, based on the way the other things I have changed worked (like red-colored numbers, clickable radio buttons, etc). In any case, your solution worked. Thanks!

Teilyr
08-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Yeah.. It's been like that for a few awhile now. Hopefully, DN will fix it before the full 1.92 is released.