PDA

View Full Version : The stupid-er end of the legal spectrum.

Isotope
08-16-2002, 12:28 AM
I just heard a headline that said "Survivors of September 11 file a suit aimed at bankrupting terrorist nations." I read it's supposed to be against all the financial instituions in Saudi Arabia, Libya, Afghanistan, and other countries that somehow financed the terror groups. I still think that's stupid, in as much as some of these countries haven't obeyed NATO or America for years (not that America is the benevolent God of Nations), despite whatever is done to them, but it's at least better than how the headline sounds. What, are we going to slap the summons on Al Quida's corpses as the Marines and Rangers track them down? *laughs*

Executioner of Deities
08-16-2002, 12:45 AM
No, it would probably end up being on the replacement government, which is even stupider, cuz we put that government in. Then your right, for once. Saddam Hussane would laugh at us, as would all his sand people buddies. Theres no way they'll ever pull that off.

Cyclone
08-16-2002, 01:09 AM
Link, please?

Cyclone

Eckels
08-16-2002, 01:11 AM
HE JUST HEARD A HEADLINE... link to the radio? TV?

I heard it on NPR this morning.

People are idiots.

Isotope
08-16-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Eckels
HE JUST HEARD A HEADLINE...

Thanks, Eckels. It's just that I heard it behind me as my family was watching TV. I usually know about news before most sources report it, read my post on that Asian death cloud thread.

Link is
here (http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/08/15/attacks.suit/index.html).

Cyclone
08-16-2002, 01:18 AM
Oops, that'll teach me to read before I make a stupid comment. :p

Might look on cnn.com if I feel like it, though.

Cyclone

Rammstein
08-16-2002, 02:13 AM
LOL 116 Trillion dollars.. what a shitload of money that is..
I think its plain stupid..

Icey
08-16-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Isotope
I just heard a headline that said "Survivors of September 11 file a suit aimed at bankrupting terrorist nations." I read it's supposed to be against all the financial instituions in Saudi Arabia, Libya, Afghanistan, and other countries that somehow financed the terror groups.

That is quite stupid. Wow. A new level of stupidity. Do you want a prize? Good boy!

Hermit
08-16-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Isotope
Thanks, Eckels. It's just that I heard it behind me as my family was watching TV. I usually know about news before most sources report it, read my post on that Asian death cloud thread.

That makes no sense whatsoever. If you heard about it on TV and read about it as well like you say you did, how on earth can you say you usually know about news before most sources report it ? If it weren't reported... you wouldn't have read about it or heard about it in the first place :eyebrow:

Do you really expect every form of media to interrupt their broadcast stations every time something comes up ?

I'm sure every notable source knows about things long before any of it ever comes to your attention. ;)

Eckels: NPR is the shit, although I could do without the cheesy little themes they play between stories sometimes... ;)

Jemsee
08-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Yea NPR has got to be the best.
I can only get it when at work, a station out or Minnisota.
They report news like no one els.
All Things Considered.

obi
08-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Aren't most of those countries in debt anyway?
Whats even sadder is that if by some cruel twist of fate they do get the money, think of all the people who live in those countries will suffer.
Don't the "Survivors of September 11" realise that they are being worse then Bin Laden by even attempting this?:eyebrow:

Disgusting:disgust:

Isotope
08-16-2002, 02:02 PM
EDIT: Oh, god. Never defend yourself while groggy. I'm saying, I hate that everything except the internet, CNN, NPR, and other dedicated stations present things like breaking news weeks after I've already read it. The only reason I mentioned it is because Eckels acted like I was a total idiot since I didn't already know, whereas in fact I had just been busy yesterday.