PDA

View Full Version : MMBN 2 Help - Why yes, I *do* suck.

Elemental Knight
08-15-2002, 08:21 PM
Almost hate to make another topic about this, but here it is...

Anyhow, I'm now at the very end of the game. If you don't want spoilers, then close your eyes and hit the back button now.

Anyhow, I'm at the end of the game, saved right before I go in to fight Bass and Gospel. I went in, got my ass whooped six ways from Sunday, and repeated twice or so. I went back to town, and did a few requests. MegaMan's stats are 5/4/5 (5 Buster, 4 Rapid and 5 Charge), but I'm retooling my chipset for my next bout with Gospel (I think I'm real close - I managed to get a Zeta Cannon 2 and took Gospel down to 200 HP before he breathed on me. And yes, I was in Normal Style.).

Mainly, I want healing chips, and lots of them - I have a few Recover 150s and 200s, but I'd like to max them out (5 of each). So, my first question: Where can I buy these chips (Recov150 and Recov200)? And my second question is: where I can find a "Catcher N" chip? With that chip, I can go sell it for 50,000z, which I can then turn into 100,000z on another assignment, which should give me all the Zenny I need for the last PowerUp (if it's in a Shop) and those remaining HP Memories.

Also, I'm kinda glad the final Boss is this much harder than the Life Virus of MMBN1 - that was a pushover once you knew what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Saffith
08-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Catcher N? The airplane computer, where you first fought Magnetman.

I'm not sure about that last PowerUp being in a shop, though. I've been looking pretty hard for it myself...

Recovery chips are a bit harder... Spooky3s have Recov150s. Those are found in the first few area of the UnderNet. I'm pretty sure nothing higher can be gotten from either enemies or shops. Except for 200's; I think you can buy up to three of those from Numberman.
Oh, there's also a Recov300 somewhere in UnderNet 7.

Cloral
08-15-2002, 10:28 PM
One thing that seems to help on gospel:

At the end, he starts sucking you in and hitting you with a big flame breath. If you have a gutsman handy, you can go to the back row and use it to crack all the tiles. Let gospel suck you in and then go up/down 1 row and go back out. Now there will be holes between you and gospel, so he can't suck you in far enough to hit with the flames.
Any attack that stuns gospel (zap rings come to mind) is also good, as it gives you a chance to actually hit it. And don't bother with short range attacks unless you have at least a few area grabs. Invincibility chips (invis, shadow) also seem to work well.

Kairyu
08-16-2002, 10:06 AM
Chips which deal Piercing damage will be your best friends here. To survive the breath attacks (What DOES he breath if you don't have any elemental styles equipped?) is to get into the top row right after he starts to inhale air, and HOLD THE BACKWARDS BUTTON DOWN! Don't let go UNTIL he stops breathing whatever he's breathing at your general direction ENTIRELY. You should end up being pulled forward right at the moment when the attack goes between the second and third tile rows/columns/whatever. Then, you'll 'port back right after the attack, and before the next one. I can't stress how important it is to NOT LET GO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ATTACK! It's how I beat him... Anyway, do you have many Howitzers/Wrecking Balls/umm.../The piercing chips which do 150 damage? You'll want several of those babies. Try bringing in several Fire/Elec/Watr Blades. Or Swrds, whichever one only does 90 damage. Make sure they're either the same Letter code, or have a * code. Then, combine them in the order Fire, Watr, and Elec to get Life Sword 3. It'll cause serious pain to our little doggie friend Gospel.... Get Catcher N chips from the UFO enemies. I don't use it much, but it seems as if it'd be useful in multiplayer. I would also suggest that you equip a WoodShield V3 style, if you have one. The shield is THE best way to remove the Junk Bug Data he fires, and the Wood style V3 attack is at just the PERFECT range to nail the Multi-Bug Organism.

That help? Oh, by the way, what do you suppose the odds are that Lan, the head of Gospel, and Lan's friends (Heck, all of the three or so remaining Kotobuki town inhabitants, for that matter) will get cancer and die? I'd put the odds somewhere near 1:1...

Elemental Knight
08-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Well, I beat him. He got me down to 90 HP (out of 680) or so, when I finished him off with a plain ol' Hi-Cannon.

I came with a few of those stunning Electric rings, a FireSwrd (the one that does 90 dmg) and all the Recov120/150/200s I could muster. I didn't think of using GutsMan to save myself from Breath attacks (if you don't have an Elemental Style on, he breaths three Elements - red, yellow, and green, I think...).

There's 7 UnderNets? Shit, I've got my work cut out for me. And thanks for the Catcher N advice, Saffith.

I'll remember to hold the back button down next time I fight him (why fight him more than once? I dunno.) And maybe MMBN3 involves them getting cancer... I just wanna fight Roll and Glide once! C'mon! They're there, but I can neve challenge Mayl or the little snob girl (whatshername). And I'll remember the Life Sword deal ,too.

Thanks all! Expect ot hear me whine about this game sooner or later again!

Cloral
08-16-2002, 11:28 PM
I used the elecguts style against him, which meant that my charged shots were elecrings. This is really useful - it gives you a chance to hit a few times with the regular gun or get in a good attack chip. The elemental breath wasn't an issue because I used the LifeSword PA on him when he had about 500 HP left (LifeSword does 400 damage), so he didn't really have a chance to get me.

Anyone else notice that the translation is mixed? You have Bass from MM7, who was called Forte in Japan (notice he says 'Battle is my Forte!' - I'm sure its a reference to that). However, they used the Japanese name Gospel for the dog (Bass's dog was called Treble here in the US). And then of course the Gospel NetMafia was named after the dog. But why do you think they used the mixed names? I guess Gospel sounds better than Treble for the NetMafia, but then why not call Bass Forte?

Kairyu
08-17-2002, 12:51 PM
LifeswrdV3 does 600 damage, I thought?

Cloral
08-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Lifesword V1 does 400 damage - that's the one where you combine sword, widesword, and longsword. I didn't have the necesary chips to make any of the other versions.

Saffith
08-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
(notice he says 'Battle is my Forte!' - I'm sure its a reference to that)Also, shortly before that, Lan says "MegaMan! Let's rock! I mean...I don't know what to do!" Which is such a bizarre thing to say, it seems like it may well be a reference to Rockman. Or maybe just a strange translation.
Either way, I'm slightly surprised there was no mention of Blues.

Yeah, Gospel sounds better as a name for the organization. That, and calling them Trable might've been a tad obvious.
Then again... I wonder what it's called in the Japanese version...?

Kairyu
08-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Probably still Gospel, as the references to "Gospel" music ("Peace! Peace! Peace! That was disturbing... :eyebrow: ) would have made NO sense otherwise. Get the chips for the stronger LifeSwrd P.A.s. The 600 damage can save your rear end so many times it's not even funny. Especially when combined with Prisms, to hit the back column.

Elemental Knight
08-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Well, I've gone into WWW-1 after some thourough serching of the Undernet (up until you need a SS or SSS License to get past). Anyhow, you can probably guess what I found in WWW-1 if you've been there before; Protecto virii and PharohMan. Apparently, PharohMan has the ArmyData (my guess, at least) which I need for an SS License.

So, here's the riddle: Any good tips for taking on PharohMan?

Also, How does the Jelousy Chip work? I've used it a number of times, but I don't quite get the relation of chips vs. damage. In fact, it's only caused damage once, against some Mushys - and it instantly killed them.

Cloral
08-18-2002, 07:08 PM
No, you don't have to beat PharohMan for the ArmyData. Look elsewhere in the WWW.

As for PharohMan, since he moves back and forth on the last column, you might like to try attacks that are column-based. BigCloud comes to mind...

me2
08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Try AquaGuts. Charge up then hit him.
You can even hit him if he's blocked.

Kairyu
08-19-2002, 09:23 AM
I KNOW that I had a Guardian chip at that point, so unless I got it from a machine (I don't think I did), you should have one too. Since it's extremely good, I'd advise you to add it to your folder. Use weapons which go through walls (The Fire doggie and Shrimp thingers work wonders at this), target a specific column without being affected by nearby walls (Clouds [Already mentioned], Bombs come to mind here.). Also, if you can get a free spot, try lobbing Prisms into the middle or back row. (Prisms are the answer to EVERYTHING! HA HA HA!) GateMagic/Gater also works pretty good if you slap on a few Attack+20s. (That's either Wind/Fan/GatemanV? or GatemanV?/Wind/Fan.... or Wind and Fan are backwards... Sorry, I didn't use it much outside of that battle... Fan works totally against my strategy, but the other chips are basic parts of my folder...) GateMagic/Gater should take him down with almost no problems.

Keep a Prism in your folder, and make SURE you have all the chips needed for LifeSwrdV3! Find out where the Protecto Virus hides out, and save right before the battle. Then, try and wait it out until you need to reset, or can use LifeSwrdV3. Use the Prism to hit the ones hiding in the back row. Remember, the Protecto Virus is the strongest enemy in the game. There is no force on the planet more deadly than a ProtectoV3 virus sitting where you can't reach.

Jealousy does 30x damage to an enemy for every Battle Chip they currently have. It can therefore do up to 150 Damage in versus mode (Not as spectacular as some, but I don't think you need to aim... and you only use one chip!), but is unlikely to do so against most normal enemies. Don't use it much unless you KNOW you are near some enemies who carry Chips.

Elemental Knight
08-19-2002, 12:19 PM
So that's how Jelousy works... Okay.

I figured out a fool-proof strategy for the Protecto virii. With my current PET-project being "Get ProtoMan v3", I have a ProtoManv2 in my folder, as well as an ATK+20 and some Navi+20s.

[ProtoManv2(160)]+[Navi+20]+[ATK+20]=Dead Protecto.

I don't have Guardian, but I skipped past a few Mystery Datas in my time... But such a chip wouldn't be from a Data, would it? You probably got it in a machine is my guess.

Cloral: Found it. Stupid Protectos were hiding it in [removed]! Clever bastards.

Kairyu
08-19-2002, 12:24 PM
200HP of piercing Elec damage which targets all enemies is pretty nice, huh? Just don't shoot it yourself, because it DOES work both ways... and be careful that some enemies can't hit it (The bird things come to mind-they just vanish into thin air.)

Cloral
08-19-2002, 04:12 PM
I have a guardian too - I think it must've either been a mystery data or from a net dealer. It is pretty great, isn't it?

I was wondering how to get the ones in the battles that are in the back column - I hadn't thought of using the prism to do it! Watch out, protectos! :D

edit:
Just got my SSS Licence! Boy am I glad I got past the 30 battle endurance match on my first try! Would've been such a pain to get to say, battle 28, and then have to start again...

Kairyu
08-19-2002, 09:27 PM
:odd: Good God. 30 battles?! I thought that 20 was just plain nuts. How the heck do you get past 30!?!?! Ah well. I'll figure something out, I hope. Cloral, use Prism often. I have two in my folder (I don't remember where I got my second one, though...) and I use them with GatemanV3s and QuickmanV3s and add some Attack+20/30 and Navi+40 chips. It adds up really fast, and it hits EVERYWHERE. Literally. Prisms rock.

Cloral
08-19-2002, 09:56 PM
It actually isn't that hard, just annoying. The battles arn't terribly hard. And remember to heal up as much as you can before you finish off the last virus in each battle - it really helps.