PDA

View Full Version : t3h w00t!!!1

Skatche
08-15-2002, 10:17 AM
It's about bloody time... I finally got my braces off, after four years or maybe even more of wearing them and various other orthodontia. I'll be wearing retainers for a year or two (removable top and fixed bottom) but honestly it's about a hundred times better than braces. Hell, you can't even see the bottom retainer, unless you're really looking for it.

I would just like to send out an inspiring message to those of you who still have a ways to go with your braces:

I HAVE MY BRACES OFF AND YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! :blah:

ShyGuy0824
08-15-2002, 11:03 AM
Be sure to clean your retainers often, I kind of shirked off that responsibility because I'm lazy, and now they have plaque buildup that I need to scrape off.

Congratulations on the braces... GO GET SOME GUM DUDE!

GuitarmanTim
08-15-2002, 11:06 AM
hahaha, congrats Skatche, have fun without 'em :)

Maverick_Zero
08-15-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm getting my braces off soon, like in six months I think. Have fun eating all the stuff I can't Skatche :cry:

Fiyerstorm
08-15-2002, 11:22 AM
Fuck you. ;)

I miss the taste of popcorn.... :cry:

Rijuhn
08-15-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm one the remaining few people on this Earth, well in America without braces. I naturally have nice teeth, yay!

Seriously though, I notice more and more people with braces these days and their teeth look fine to me. What's up?

King Link
08-15-2002, 11:41 AM
I have never had braces and I never will have to. I hear braces suck, you can't eat certain foods and drinks and they can really hurt.

Anyway, enjoy the life without braces.

EWild
08-15-2002, 11:56 AM
w00t! Well I haven't had braces but not being able to eat gum must suck. Have fun. Eat popcorn!

lynerd
08-15-2002, 01:26 PM
I had them for over 8 years, it was the suckiest thing ever. Having them never stopped me from eating certain foods though. :P

Skatche
08-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by SlasherCGE
Fuck you. ;)

I miss the taste of popcorn.... :cry:

Believe me when I tell you that you can eat popcorn and even chew gum with braces. You don't even need to be particularly careful, although you need to be prepared to pick stuff out of your teeth just in case. I know, because I've done it repeatedly.

Apples and corn on the cob definitely don't work, though. :B

Menokh
08-15-2002, 03:51 PM
I've never had braces even though they would help alot for my bottom teeth. They are so out of line it's a good thing I don't show them often,
I just don't want to go through to trouble of braces just to straighten out some crooked teeth.

Paradox
08-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Skatche

I HAVE MY BRACES OFF AND YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! :blah:

i got mine off last monday :blah:

i have to wear a clear molded plasticky thing that's shaped like my teeth to put my teeth into for a retainer on the top.. no retainer on the bottom other than a little wire behind the teeth in the front...
i had mine for about 2 years :tongue:

Drunken Tiger
08-16-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
I'm one the remaining few people on this Earth, well in America without braces. I naturally have nice teeth, yay!

Seriously though, I notice more and more people with braces these days and their teeth look fine to me. What's up?

Yeah, i dont have the need for braces!! :D<--- SEE???

My teeth are fine!!

MottZilla
08-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn

People with naturually good teeth are bad for the dentists. ;p

I had braces, got em off, and didn't get decent retainers, so most of what they did, which wasn't much at all, didn't really take hold I guess.

NerdWarrior
08-16-2002, 03:02 PM
W00T! It's nice being a rare person that doesn't need braces, go Rijuhn! *gives a highfive*

El Oso Verde
08-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Yeah I've never needed braces, I went to the dentist for my first time a few months ago (I'm 18).
I had no cavities or anything. They were shocked. http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmshocked.gif
I mean, I don't exactly hold off on the candy etc. if you know what I mean. http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmbiggrin.gif

Unfortunately, one of my wisdom teeth is poking out now.
That hurt for about a day. I'll probably have to get them removed eventually. http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmfrown.gif