PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Help

Warlock
08-15-2002, 04:28 AM
Ok, I need some help w/ a vBulletin board I'm trying to setup.. does anyone know of any good sites that have help stuff on them? For one thing it will only use the default style for the forums (new styles will show up on the main page and the CP and stuff, but not the forums).. another thing was we were trying to change the Admin and Mod titles to something else (actually, we were adding graphics to them :))

So can anyone help w/ this?

Edit: doh! Well I figured out the first prob. All the forums got set to using the Default Style as a Custom style for that forum.. *sigh* Blame it on importing UBB I guess.. I still do need help w/ changing the Admin and Mod titles tho.

Dark Jim
08-15-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Warlock
Ok, I need some help w/ a vBulletin board I'm trying to setup.. does anyone know of any good sites that have help stuff on them?
www.vbulletin.com :rolleyes:

For one thing it will only use the default style for the forums (new styles will show up on the main page and the CP and stuff, but not the forums).. another thing was we were trying to change the Admin and Mod titles to something else (actually, we were adding graphics to them :))

So can anyone help w/ this?

Edit: doh! Well I figured out the first prob. All the forums got set to using the Default Style as a Custom style for that forum.. *sigh* Blame it on importing UBB I guess.. I still do need help w/ changing the Admin and Mod titles tho.

Usergroups->Modify
Click edit for the usergroup you want to modify.
Change "User Status".
(This is how to change the title for every admin or mod.)

Options->vBulletin Options
Set "Allow Mods/Admins to Change titles" to yes so mods and admins will be able to change their title.

Hmm not sure if you can add an image in your title, haven't tried that.

Warlock
08-15-2002, 02:23 PM
I tried vbulletin.com.. it sucks ass.. their "manual" is about as lame as lame can get (I mean, it covers stuff a child could figure out on his own, nothing technical or troubleshooting-wise), and they won't let me post in the forums w/o the customer # and password for our vb board (which I don't have, I'm not the one who bought or registered it). So it's all crap.

But thanks for your help :) I knew there had to be a way to change them..

Dark Jim
08-15-2002, 03:47 PM
and they won't let me post in the forums w/o the customer # and password for our vb board (which I don't have, I'm not the one who bought or registered it).
Tell the person to add your name here: http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php. He can add 3 names there to get support on the forums, his and 2 others.

Paradox
08-16-2002, 12:07 AM
a great help site for tons of web (or anything) help is www.helponthe.net