PDA

View Full Version : Camp Hyr...er...Camp Texas!

The Silent Assassin
08-14-2002, 11:37 PM
So, this is my summary of Camp Texas.

We arrive at 8am Monday morning. I have to hold a sign that says "PARKING THIS WAY" in the sun for an hour. Thank god we have the huge clock tower so I could tell when time was up...

We introduce ourselves to the campers, and load them on the bus. The dumbass bus driver went the wrong way...complaining 18 year olds...ahhhhhhhh!!

My group was pretty cool...they all seemed like popular type kids in high school...but...more on this later...

Anyway, Day 1:

We arrive at Camp. Load up in our cabins. Played some "team development" games. One was called Giants, Wizards, and Elves. I renamed it Orcs, Mages, and Hobbits. Funniest shit ever...we like had in depth strategies (basically, it's rock paper scissors but you act out the "person" instead of using your hand) and tried to "guess" their moves. See, if you tie...you had to immediately choose a NEW person to use...and keep doing so until you are beaten or conquer...

But you have to CHASE down your "beaten foe"...which is fun as hell.

Anyway, had dinner and such...and then boundary breaking...talked about sensitive issues...sorry, didn't mention AGN addiction...but I did mention some phat college stories...

Then we watched the meteor shower...and some of those "seemingly popular" people...we DEBATED games! HELL YEAH! We were talking about how FF VII was bad ass...how METROID IS NOT AN RPG...and How I am Zelda god no matter how much this kid argued with me. We also discussed SSBM tactics, and how much Solid Snake kicks ass.

Kinda weird talking about that type of stuff with ex-jocks and cheerleaders...

Went back to my cabin around 2AM...sleep...zzz

Day 2: Olympics...water Olympics...

Ever heard of the blob?...
Ever heard of jousting on the blob?...

FUCKING sweetest thing ever. Me...I get ready to fight...I TOSS my "sword" at the guy's face, he tries to block, I shake the blob and roll him off while his hands are up. Sweetest thing I had ever seen...till I fell into the lake too...

Our group ended up losing hard core though...topped off by playing a pick up game of Counselor vs Camper beach volleyball...lost by 1.

Later that night...I tell an Aggie Joke to open my "MCing" of the dinner.

Needless to say...An Aggie (Texas A&M), Red Raider (Texas Tech) and UT Longhorn apply for a position with the FBI.

They pass all the tests, and they have one final test...a loyalty test.

They put each of the three men into a room...with their WIVES. The agent orders them to kill the wife with the gun on the table, and come out when done. If not, they don't get the job.

So the Longhorn comes out after a few minutes, and says "I can't do it, I love my wife more than the FBI". So he leaves with her. The Red Raider comes out after some time and says the same thing.

Finally...the Aggie goes...and after some time...there's two shots fired...and ALL the agents outside laugh. Then, they hear a BAM BAM, WHACK WHACK! They're all dumbfouned. The Aggie walks out COVERED in blood...and the Agent goes "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?"

The Aggie replies...the gun was filled with blanks...so I had to beat my wife to death with the chair.

Needless to say...it got laughs.

Later that night, we had the big dance. I had to deal Black Jack for an hour. I got into a "Clark Griswald" match with a kid...for those of you who don't know what I just said...watch Vegas Vacation.

Anyway, off to the dance...made a fool of myself cuz I can't dance...they played a techno song...I bust out making fun of DDR by pretending I am dancing on a "DDR" pad...everyone watched and laughed. They played some Def Leoppard and GNR...I fucking went crazy to them...much fun.

At the end...we played "mafia". If you don't know what it is...you get a group of people. Some are "mafia", some are "police"...some are normal.

Mafia go first...they kill off a person. Police then go, and try to choose the "mafia". Then everyone wakes up (Oh...when a group "goes"...everyone else is heads down, slamming the table to distract). They remove the "killed" person. The mafia try to kill everyone off. The police use their "picks" accuracy to try to convince people of who's the mafia. Everyone accuses people. It gets great cuz you can't reveal too much...or people get suspicious. It's a great game...and once again...I managed to get some laughs with my antics.

Met a girl...

Day 3:

Wake up...eat breakfast...exchange info with this girl. We counselors do a skit.

I FUCK UP ON MY PART IN FRONT OF EVERY FUCKING PERSON IN THE FUCKING ROOM...200+ FRESHMAN.

I swear to god, I was like "FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anyway, it got more laughs than my part probably would have, anyway.

After that, we left. Of course, there were LOTS OF ACTIVITIES in between everything I said.

Also, the dance...we serenaded the girls with "You've lost that loving feeling". Pretty sweet.

Was fun as hell...and I am currently talking with this girl right now...

She's an intended fine arts majors. Emphasis on fine.

Anyway, I did think about how if the AGN convention were anything like this...how sad I am I couldn't go due to Tonberry reaons...

E-FORCE
08-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Sounds pretty kick ass. Got laughs, memories, and a chick. I say good job!

ShyGuy0824
08-15-2002, 12:00 AM
that sound pretty cool, TSA, sounds like you had fun. Was this camp for high schoolers/college people/elves? I've played that Mafia game before, but it was a different spin. Anyways, sounds cool.

Icey
08-15-2002, 12:08 AM
Sounds pretty awesome TSA. Seems like you had a really good time.

The Silent Assassin
08-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Yeah, you can play with cards for Mafia.

This is for Incoming Freshman to the University of Texas, held at Camp Balcones Springs.

Rijuhn
08-15-2002, 12:16 AM
*Rijuhn decides to do a bit of roleplaying*

*Rijuhn forgets to pull up his pants*

*ancient spamming evil member enters and Rijuhn is embarrassed*

*Rijuhn decides Roleplaying is gay and stops*

This is gay. I'm going to bed. Sounded like super fun. I'm jealous now, my summer sucked ass!!!! >:| The only fun thing I did was talk to Texas chic, Vallery, with my friend and his cousin. I hope next year, or even more hopefully, this upcomming school year will be fun!

Mak-X
08-15-2002, 02:03 AM
Soulds like TSA had fun.

lol, Metroid an RPG.

The Silent Assassin
08-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Yeah, he said he loved RPGs...and that Metroid was his favorite RPG.

Jigglysaint
08-15-2002, 02:38 PM
LOL! Did you get into a debate on which of the game were Zelda 1? Did you do any shameless promoting for ZC? Did Tonberry emerge one night, walk into the girls cabin and shout "karma, Bitch!" at all?

Radium
08-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Whoa dude, that sounds like a blast! I hope to do somethin like that some day >D

Raichu86
08-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Sounds like fun. :) I wonder if I'll get to do something like that, assuming I make it to college.

The Silent Assassin
08-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Tonberry made an appearance in the form of a skit...

We had to do an urban legend...and we had to use the "Muffin" man in it.

So we made this Muffin Man appear at "lover's lane" and kill teens. We ripped off the intro to Shrek...but then we found out...IT WASN'T MR. MUFFIN MAN, but TONBERRY! We had a guy put on a ninja turtle mask...gave him a kitchen knife and a lantern, and had him be "The Muffin Man".

Except he wasn't called Tonberry...oh well. WE DID SAY KARMA, BITCH! though!

EWild
08-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Sounds kick ass, but Metroid a RPG, :lol: poor gaming illerate sap. I wish I could do something that cool.