PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice the activity in this forum recently?

Rijuhn
08-14-2002, 11:30 PM
I'm actually quite glad about it. Between January and June this forum was dead but, what's this, I find my 2 day old thread on the 2nd page, damn!

Four months ago it would of sat there on the first page for nearly a month, getting a few replies here and there, to keep it alive.

The only reason I can see it being so active is because off all the new games soon to be released, most notably Super Mario Sunshine. Some may hate it but no matter what it's a hot topic and that alone has refreshed eager gaming minds about upcoming Christmas release titles.

MottZilla
08-14-2002, 11:37 PM
I've noticed it's been alot more active lately too. It's good that it is.

The Silent Assassin
08-14-2002, 11:38 PM
It's about to get a lot more active in 12 days...

MottZilla
08-14-2002, 11:40 PM
Why's that? What is out in 12 days?

Rijuhn
08-15-2002, 11:23 AM
I think Super Mario Sunshine comes out in a little under 2 weeks.

EWild
08-15-2002, 11:44 AM
Super Mario Sunshine comes out in 12 days.

King Link
08-15-2002, 11:45 AM
I agree. There are so many new games being announced and released, including Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy, Zelda, Metroid, Mario, new releases etc. The game industry is picking up, I think.

EWild
08-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Yeah the Cube is picking up.

Rijuhn
08-15-2002, 12:07 PM
To tell you the truth I think it has mostly to do with GCN games. I know that PS2 and XBOX are going to have some great games comming out, but Nintendo is famous for saturating the Christmas season with games, and I think that's the only thing that keeps them from failing completely. The Christmas season is for Nintendo to redeem themselves by releasing highly aticipated games, usually frachises, and all those who waited so long finally love Nintendo again. Why do I say this, because it's true, and it applies to me 100%.

EWild
08-15-2002, 12:11 PM
I can't wait for PSO and the new controller to come out. BTW when is Enclave coming out, is it coming out for the Cube?

matthew986
08-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Enclave is going for a holiday release.

And PSO. I was going to get this but found STarWars Galsaxy and had to get that instead. And its going to make me broke (again).

300th Post! yay!

Orion
08-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Nah, enclave is already out for X-Box users :D.

Anywho, I've noticed this too. It's a good thing. It's also getting better in the fact that there are more people who like other systems than GameCube beginning to show up. Not that I have a hatred of the Cube, it's just nice to see some new opinions.

EWild
08-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Cool, I'm seeing also ho much going online will cost me for the Cube so I can play PSO.

MottZilla
08-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Wow, and nothing I can think of is coming out anytime that I actually want.

KingArthur
08-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Going online will on the cube Appreox cost
Modem or broadband adapter $50 (i think)
PSO $50
PSO Monthly $5

I'd reccomend Buying PSO first and then saving up for the adapter, unless you can afford both at once that is :D

Daarkseid
08-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
I'm actually quite glad about it. Between January and June this forum was dead but, what's this, I find my 2 day old thread on the 2nd page, damn!

Four months ago it would of sat there on the first page for nearly a month, getting a few replies here and there, to keep it alive.

The only reason I can see it being so active is because off all the new games soon to be released, most notably Super Mario Sunshine. Some may hate it but no matter what it's a hot topic and that alone has refreshed eager gaming minds about upcoming Christmas release titles.

Dead between January and June? I didn't think so... General Gaming discussion seemed as lively as it ever was. Whenever I feel unwilling to post anything because of a feeling of alienation from the forums, GGD was always that one forum where I could easily post without being on top of things.

But I do notice its been much more lively, but it certainly wasn't dead before.

Rijuhn
08-15-2002, 06:39 PM
Yeah, you're right Daark. It wasn't dead but I was comparing it to GD, which I didn't state in my above post, so I did make so sense.

Icey
08-15-2002, 06:52 PM
It is very nice to see the activity rise here. This way we get lots of debate and whatnot, which is what I like most about GGD.

Now if only GED could be as active...

EWild
08-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Well GED doesn't have a whole lot to talk about now a days. But GGD is picking up happily and I can't wait to see what people say about SMS.