PDA

View Full Version : Multi or Single?

Paradox
08-13-2002, 11:57 PM
which do you prefer for games? multiplayer or singleplayer?

my opinion is that singleplayer is the core of the game - the reason you bought it is to play the game single player and beat it then to have more fun and variety move on to multiplayer.

Carmine
08-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Frankly I miss the games were you could play the Single player adventure but you could bring on a friend (Co-Op)... But thankfully some of my favorite games Include this... Thank God Perfect Dark had that... Thank the load.

Tygore
08-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Co-op games are good. I want more of those.

King Link
08-14-2002, 12:22 AM
I like both, depends on what kind of game you are playing. FPS or online RPG's are great for Multiplayer but if you play a Single player game, regular action or RPG or adventure games are the best.

Warlock
08-14-2002, 12:22 AM
Single Player games.. on MP games it's either on the internet with a bunch of complete IDIOTS that you don't even know (most of whom are assholes), or you can play with a friend (like on consoles) except I usually don't have anyone around to play MP with who's right there.. certainly not for GBA (or gameboy for that matter) where you need at least someone else w/ a GBA (and in many cases, someone who owns the same game as well)

Icey
08-14-2002, 12:32 AM
I like it when you have the option to do both. And co-op is awesome. Like in double dragon. That was sweet.

Isotope
08-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Single. I don't really like almost all people who play multiplayer. It takes longer to find a decent server, get used to their non-existent grammar, and find a style that's enjoyable than to earn the money to buy another single player game with an actual plot.

Icey
08-14-2002, 11:07 PM
Well, multiplayer games can be fun online, as long as you are playing with some cool people. Depends on the situation. Unfortunately, like Warlock said, most people who play online are complete idiots.

Paradox
08-14-2002, 11:11 PM
i like multi once i get bored of single player. a nice change of pace. but with only-online games, those are great too,(example: counter-strike) depending on what the people are like and how much lag there is.

Daarkseid
08-14-2002, 11:32 PM
Depends on the game... I prefer First Person Shooters in a single player setting(like Quake I and II, or Half-life. Red Faction is very cool too). Real time strategy games are very fun in multi-player. First person shooters, the action is too fast to really distinguish human ingenuity from CPU(although there are times when you do notice human intellect), but with RTS games, you can clearly see that the person you are playing with or against is human, as he will use tactics that are completely unlike the ones the CPU uses.

ShyGuy0824
08-15-2002, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with Daark here in that it all depends on the genre. My favorite online game is AoEII, because you can challenge somebody's intellect, as opposed to some FPS's which challenge blind luck.

What I'd really like to see is an online single player co-op. Like you'd call up a friend to play a game with you and progress while both do substantial amounts of work and puzzle solving/mowing down.

Personally, I play games for the Single player though. That's what I want, because I can chill after midnight with a single player mission and save it whenever I want. I really buy games for the storyline, but sometimes the gameplay warrants a kicka** multiplayer.

slothman
08-15-2002, 12:53 AM
I like single. The problem about multi is that you have to find them and it's always helpful if you know them. Hopefully AI will get good enough so that multi is not really needed.

EWild
08-15-2002, 08:27 AM
Both, it depends on the situation and the game.

And FPS also use skill, intellect, and experience.

Drunken Tiger
08-15-2002, 08:33 AM
It depends on the game... But most of the time i prefer Multi Player!! :D

ShyGuy0824
08-15-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by EWild
Both, it depends on the situation and the game.

And FPS also use skill, intellect, and experience.

not always. Half of the time it also includes a lot of charging and finding where the best weapons spawn/ happening upon another player. Basicaly the FPS's happen to fast to really require much thought in my opinion.

Kirby of Doom
08-15-2002, 11:27 AM
With some games like Starcraft, they have a single-player but the main focus is on multi-player.