PDA

View Full Version : My cats are fighting

teddyboy420
08-13-2002, 08:12 PM
:kitty:I know that no one really cares but...:kitty:

I have two cats, they're litter-mate female Maine-Coons(If you don't know, Maine-Coons are a type of long haired cat. Usually brownish-white-orange). I just brought them to the vet yeterday, and one stayed to get groomed. They shaved my cat!

They said they couldn't get the knots out so they started cutting and just couldn't stop. She's bald. Then when I brought them home this afternoon, her sister didn't even recognize her. She started hissing and growling(really growling, I didn't think house cats could growl) and then attacked her. I hope she eventually realizes it's her, or who knows what I might have to do.:cry:

AlexMax
08-13-2002, 08:14 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO MR. BIGGLESWORTH???

Dude, sorry to hear about your cat. I know I would be pissed....

teddyboy420
08-13-2002, 08:17 PM
I am...:angry: :banghead: :mad2: :mad: and I need to :whap: something

King Link
08-13-2002, 08:26 PM
One of my cats ALWAYS growls or hisses. They're totally spoiled.

My neighbour has had his cat shaved a number of times, totally bald. They just don't look like themselves when they undergo such a drastic change.

Don't worry, the fur'll grow back soon.

Saffith
08-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by teddyboy420
Then when I brought them home this afternoon, her sister didn't even recognize her.
That's odd... Cats recognize each other by scent, not appearance.
Maybe she just smells too much like the vet's office... Perhaps once that fades, they'll do better.

Icey
08-13-2002, 08:31 PM
One of my friend's Persian cats gets shaved rountinely, but they don't shave it completely. They leave short, nicely groomed hair, and some on the head and tail. I don't see why they shaved your cat completely bald. Oh well, hopefully the fur will grow back soon.

teddyboy420
08-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, she does still have hair on her head,legs and tail. It KINDA looks cute, but it isn't her... I can't wait til it grows back and she's nice and fluffy again.

I know cats recognize by smell, that's why it bothers me so much that she dosen't recognize her. She does smell like the vets office a bit, I'm hoping that's all it is.

balzac
08-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Cats can smell when someone enters or leaves a room and where they've just been, even how long ago you left. Even if you can't smell it, i'm sure the other cat can.

Link 101
08-14-2002, 12:06 AM
Man I hate when animals fight each other. I t it so sad when they hurt each other.