PDA

View Full Version : MegaMan BattleNetwork 2 Styles Help

Elemental Knight
08-13-2002, 05:25 PM
First off, there might possibly maybe could be spoilers here. But maybe not.

Anyhow, after the mission where you aquire the ability to gain Styles, I almost instantly got the HeatGuts Style (exactly one completed battle later). But now I want another Style to compliment it, and I'm aiming for ElecGuts. I've switched back to Normal Style and only have non-Element and Electricity-type chips in my Folder. Yet, I don't have my Elec Guts Style. What am I doing wrong, if anything?

Saffith
08-13-2002, 05:42 PM
How long have you been trying? It took me quite some time to get a second style - FireGuts had been level 3 for a while.
Just keep fighting, I think.

I think there's more to it than chips, though; I was also trying to get ElecGuts, but I got AquaGuts. I never even used a single water chip. And my third style was WoodShield, even though i never used any wood chips...

As far as the Guts part goes, try to defeat enemies with buster shots as much as possible, and not use too many healing and defensive chips.

EIHoppe
08-13-2002, 06:34 PM
What I found out through playing awhile was that the elements associated (sp?) with new styles are chosen randomly. Also, 'Guts' isn't the only style type. Like Saffith said, use lots of buster shots to get 'Guts' style. To get the 'Custom' Style, use pretty much all chips. And there's another style or 2, I think, but the names and how to get them slipped my mind at the moment... :sweat:

Also, through a quick rummage at GameFaqs a few days ago, I remember that it takes ~140 battles at normal style to get a new style, and ~140 battles with a style to get a new version for it. Hope that helps!

Teilyr
08-13-2002, 09:09 PM
The 2 I got were ElecCust and HeatTeam... I'm fairly sure the first is random, and the 2nd and 3rd depend on how you fight. Rummage about on GameFaqs' mmbn2 forums and you're sure to find something that will help you, if your questions aren't answered here. :)

Kairyu
08-13-2002, 09:18 PM
Close, EI, but not quite.

I remember a topic from the GameFaqs message boards a fair while back which explained (VERY in depth) how every aspect of the Style system worked.

Basically, you get your first style from the very next battle that occours. Every style after that is awarded after going through ~255 battles, I think. I KNOW it's more than 200, though. The number of battle needed to upgrade a style varies depending on which Type it is. I think the range is Shield-100 battles, Guts-120 Battles, Cust-140 Battles, Navi/Team-160 battles, and Hub-180 (I don't know, actually, does Hub style even GET upgrades? I can't remember that...)

All style elements are chosen completly randomnly. Despite what anyone might say to other effects. I can vouch for this, as my first style was WoodShield, despite the fact that I had never even OWNED a single Wood type chip before obtaining the style, and that, in terms of elemental chips, I used Fire type almost exclusivly. The unfortunate part of this is, the element for the next style is selected right after you obtain another, so you can't just reset one battle away from a new style to get a different element. Bah. It took me FOREVER to get HeatCust...

The Style Type, however, is not random. It is determined by the method you attack enemies and by the chips you use. Any non-Navi attack chips (With actual Damage numbers, not like LavaPanl or MetShield's reflection) will go towards giving you a "Cust" style. Note that selecting multiple chips at once gives a slight extra boost, and using P.A.'s adds a HUGE boost to the Cust style.

Any other Non-Navi chips go towards Shield. It's that simple.

Using the Buster to defeat enemies or to just damage them adds to Guts. Using fully charged shots to defeat enemies adds a good deal.

Using Navi chips adds to Team/Navi. It's best to try selecting one plain Navi chip at a time for this, or you'll add too much to Cust. and get that instead.

I THINK that's everything...

:sweat: I should go to bed soon... my spelling has gone completely horrible... :sweat: Ah, so has my grammar skills...

Elemental Knight
08-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Kairyu:

Any other Non-Navi chips go towards Shield. It's that simple.

That explains why I got "ElecShield" a few hours ago. Not quite what I was hoping for, but I'll work with it (I've gotten used to HeatGuts anyhow). Thanks everyone!

Kairyu
08-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Shield is an excellent style. Tap B quickly and press Left in battle. If you time it right, you can bring up a Metshield. It doesn't reflect shots, but it can be used as much as you want. I don't know about Guts, I've never gotten that style. Cust isn't too bad, but I havn't tried Navi either.

I think Elec is pretty sad, personally, the breif paralysis caused by the charged shot just doesn't justify the 10-30 damage caused by the charged shots for me. I think Water is nothing more than a Shotgun wanna-be with slightly more power. Heat isn't too bad, but a bit slow. It can hit multiple times, and has good range for that kind of attack, I think. My favorite is Wood. I just throw a Prism into the center of the enemy area, and fire a charged shot at it. It's rediculously effective.

It's personal preference, really. I use WoodShield and HeatCust styles, myself.

Elemental Knight
08-14-2002, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Elec-charged attacks are kinda sad. The brief paralysis is nice, but it causes little damage and you get more stun-time (and damage) with a chip from a Bunny or TuffBunny. I haven't gotten the timing down on the Shield yet, but I tend to stay with HeatGuts, which has quickly become my favorite flavor of ass-whooping. The Flamethrower works like magic on Fishy and saved me against ThunderMan.

Also, since you don't know about the Guts Styles, lemme fill you in. The Guts style basically turns MegaMan into a lean, mean deleting machine. His Buster Power doubles, meaning up to Ten HP Damage in one uncharged shot; and up to Fifty HP Damage in a Charged Shot (Using Heat Style, don't know about Elec or others). The only problem is that Rapid is cut down to one, so you're better off charging and waiting for your moment to strike than just blindly firing.

Kairyu
08-15-2002, 08:55 AM
HOLY!

The power boost goes to fully charged elemental shots as well? (Imagines a Prismed Fully charged V3 Wood Tornado with double power) .... Sick! The "Rapid down to zero" part had really scared me away from trying that one, but maybe I should try it out? Well, ElecGuts V3, then, should do 60 damage AND paralyze, right? That's a bit more useful, I suppose... Now all we need is info on "Hub" style!

Elemental Knight
08-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Hub is basically every Style rolled into one, without an Element. IE, the power of Guts, the shield of Shield, the eight Navis of Team, etc. You only get it after lots of work, though (so, in other words, you can't get it like the other styles).