PDA

View Full Version : Burning bushes

aweeks
08-13-2002, 04:44 PM
I found a similar example in the tutorial using a bomb, but I'm trying to understand how burning stuff works. Let's say (for example, I don't know that I would do this in any practical manner) that I have three little trees, all in a row, spaced apart by one tile. I want to know what it would take to burn down the first two trees and have them leave behind stumps, and them burn the third to reveal a staircase.

I've messed around with some of the secret combo stuff, but I can only get it to display whatever I use for flag #4, whereas I'd rather have a staircase show up for one of them.

Any ideas? Or am I nuts?

Tygore
08-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Use flag 16 for the stairs, it will be activated when you burn them. The thing is, you can't set it as a burn type.

VEL
08-13-2002, 06:16 PM
The only way I can think of to do it, is to use regular burn flags on 2, and use a "red candle" flag on the other. You would need to have the red candle to burn it though. You can have different combos appear after burning them this way.

Jigglysaint
08-13-2002, 08:20 PM
How about making them all have burn flags, and you set up secret combos that lead to an identical room with the stairs and 2 stumps? The problem is that really can't do what you want to do. You could compromise by leaving the third tree as flag 16, and you have to burn the first two trees. If the secret combo triggers ever get revamped(like have individual burn secrets), nothing can be done.

Cloral
08-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Yeah. What you've hit on is not something due to you not knowing how to do something, but something that you can't do as of the moment. You can do this with slashable bushes though - set the undercombo to a stump, set up the stair combo, and place it on one of the bushes.