PDA

View Full Version : I got a new black lab! (cute)

Rijuhn
08-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Her name is Shadow and we got her yesterday. She's 7 weeks old and she's really cute. My last dog we had to put down January 7th. Her name was Pepper, a 3 almost four year old black lab. I thought I could never get another dog but around mid June my dad started looking for another black lab. He came upon an ad, I think, in the newspaper and he called up this lady and he reserved one of the future dogs.

I'm just really happy about it that I had to post about it. Hopefully I get a digital camera this weekend so I can get some pictures up online for you all to see. I may update later.

MrCow
08-13-2002, 03:33 PM
cool pics please:Þ

King Link
08-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Sounds great. We're hoping to get a dog sometime soon. A Bouvier, they're usually quite dark coated, black really, and very hairy and large.

Anyways, sounds like Shadow is a great dog.

Lom2000
08-13-2002, 04:21 PM
awww i wanna see pics! my friend down the street just got a new puppy, and that has puched me to beg my mother for one, lol it may take a couple of months or so, but i will succede, i hope...sorry to here about ur old dog, but congrats on the new one!

Menokh
08-13-2002, 04:42 PM
I got a puppy last week.
It is also 7 weeks old and not fully house trained.

As for breed, it is a mut. It seems to be part hot-dog dog(can't remember breed name), part beagle, part something else, and I know it is part miniature collie. It is rather small, and will grow to be about 1 foot tall, maybe.

Icey
08-13-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
part hot-dog dog(can't remember breed name)

I believe you mean weiner dog? Oh, and Shadow sounds like a great dog. I have two huge black labs, both of which are puppies (they grow fast. Well, actually, one is a mixture of a black lab and a sharpee, luckily it doesn't have any loose skin.

Lom2000
08-13-2002, 05:40 PM
my dog is part black lab and the kinda dogs with purple tounges, i just forgot what they are called

slayer6896
08-13-2002, 06:23 PM
dogs that have purple tonges are pure-breeds.

Tygore
08-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Black lab puppies rock!

And slayer-yes, but those dogs, like any dogs, can be cross-breeded. He's saying that his dog is part that and part lab.

And Weiner dogs are called Dachsunds. They rock too.

teddyboy420
08-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Awsome, I have a black lab, Smokey. He's not pure-bred, he's mixed w/ german shepard. He's such a smart dog and I miss him. He lives at my parents, I couldn't take him when I moved out. I gave him to my brother.

Good luck w/ the puppy!

Link 101
08-14-2002, 12:19 AM
My garand parents got a Terrier 2 years ago and they named him Logan. He is exactly a foot long and at his full growth point.

Daarkseid
08-14-2002, 01:05 AM
I want to eat your new dog, and then put its head on a pike in some other dude's yard.

Drunken Tiger
08-14-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I want to eat your new dog, and then put its head on a pike in some other dude's yard.

Thats Daarky for ya!! :scared:

My dog doesnt do shit!! I want a new one!!

Jemsee
08-14-2002, 10:38 AM
We have a black lab named Sheba. She is 6 years old now we got her when she was about 3 months.
Just last week my wife bought a pug puppy for my oldest son, he called her Annie. Wish I had pics of the pug, at first I was against getting her but now...well you know how puppies are.:shrug:

Rijuhn
08-14-2002, 11:28 AM
Shut up Daarkseid! That isn't something to joke about. You may think it's funny but if you had an animal you cared about you'd be more careful with what you say.

Daarkseid
08-14-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
Shut up Daarkseid! That isn't something to joke about. You may think it's funny but if you had an animal you cared about you'd be more careful with what you say.

Nope. Even though I have two cats I love very much and a rat that is very adorable, I can still somehow find it ok with myself to speak of animal cruelty towards puppies.

DarkDragoonX
08-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Eh, I've always thought of puppies as more of a barking football than a totem.

balzac
08-14-2002, 07:42 PM
I just found out that there's a breed called the Heinz 57! @_@