PDA

View Full Version : The first major boss in Eternal Darkness!

Rijuhn
08-13-2002, 03:29 PM
How do I kill him. Let me give you some back story. I picked the artifact of Chattur'gha when I played as that Roman guy. The boss is inside the Amiens Cathedral during World War I. I'm supposed to get some artifact that this huge crab clawed creature is blocking. How do I defeat him, cause he's so big that I can't even turn on my GCN without feeling hopeless.

Also, do you think I should buy ED or not? Is it worth it to buy it after you've beaten it, because I don't know how far in the game I am. Is the storyline that different depending on what you choose as the Roman guy? Thanks.

Cronic
08-13-2002, 03:31 PM
www.gamefaqs.com

DarkDragoonX
08-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Wait for him to charge up (he starts glowing), then use the Magic Attack spell of the opposing alignment (in your case it's ulyaoth). The wall will scoot closer to you and he'll summon zombies. Now, hesitate for a moment, and cast the attack spell again. It will take out the zombies and hit the Guardian just as he starts charging. Note that you CANNOT shoot or slash at the Zombies, or the Guardian won't charge. Now, the wall will scoot closer. Run around and dodge the Guardian's claws, and when he stops to charge up, hit him with ANOTHER attack spell to take him down. Also, always use the 3-point version of attack, as it's the only spell you can cast fast enough to ht him.

Rijuhn
08-13-2002, 03:49 PM
Oh, no wonder. I was using the 7 point spells, hehe. I didn't know what level spells he was casting (3,5,7, etc.) so I assumed he was using 7 point. Thanks DDX, you are kick ass.

Warlock
08-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Does 3 point even work? I ALWAYS use level 7 spells, and it works just fine. You just have to start casting early enough.. he's actually quite easy once you figure out how to fight him.

A note as well, if you use level 7 Magical Attack, you can defeat him in three hits (one per stage of attack he does).

Saffith
08-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Three-point spells work, it just takes three times as many of them.

With the second form, I find the easiest way to do it is to set up a damage field right next to him, Then start a seven-point attack as soon as the third zombie's fully formed.

Rijuhn
08-13-2002, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys. I love AGN, you all are the best. I was afraid my post was going to sit here for 2 hours before I got a reply. I think I'll try to defear right now. Thanks again.