PDA

View Full Version : quick ? about webtv

MrCow
08-13-2002, 02:30 PM
does wanyone know anything about it???? Im getting a cable modem and I alreayd have the router and everything. My brother has a web tv thingy and he never uses it can someone explain what it is to me? thanx

The Savior
08-13-2002, 02:34 PM
WebTV is a TV/web browser rolled into one. The models I've seen have wireless keyboards, with a sort of trackball mixxed in. They're generally considered inferior to computers because they lack the ability to download anything.

KINGOFALLME2
08-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Web tv? What the hell is that? I need to go read a good book nowadays.

Edit:WHOOPS! Guess I should've waited a little longer!

MrCow
08-13-2002, 02:37 PM
oh you cant dl anything:-/ would I be able to access agn with it and use my cable modem on it?

The Savior
08-13-2002, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure if you can use a cable connection with WebTV, but if it's possible I think you could. The only problem would be if it didn't store cookies... Anyways, you obviously have a computer that you can use, otherwise you wouldn't need the router. Why don't you post with that?

Verman
08-13-2002, 02:43 PM
KINGOFALLME2 why the hell do you always seem to repeat the topic or ask some stupid ass question that has already been asked or is just utterly stupid. (such as What is this thread about?).

Anyways I believe you can access a forum with WebTV. You should be able to login too. But it won't save the cookie that would be needed for you to return logged in. Why are you using webtv anyhow? Its garbage compared to even a 486.

MrCow
08-13-2002, 02:49 PM
well I might because I dont ahve a computer in my room and I'm only allowed online till 11 pm :-/ but If I could use that I wouldnt have a problem. the one I have has a connector to use for a mouse a regular keyboard and a monitor. plus has a printer port. It supposedly has a way to upgrade memory and all too If I can do that then I'm all set.